Wow, why is it so hard to find the seat gears!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
That's right, i'm not an idiot but i have been searching now for about 15 minutes for "nakman" "Seat Gears" and still have yet to find any link to buying the gears.

Does it really have to be that hard? Anyone want to help a brother out here with a link or something.

Damn this is frustrating.

Thanks guys that was quick.

I couldn't remember the website and nakman doesn't have any links in his sig line or on his profile. Then when i sorted through the replacement threads i couldn't find a link there either.

That Lexus is dulling your search fu skills :D
let me know if you wanna order two sets and combine shipping. Im ready and tired of the granny position behind the wheel.

I just had to take a 12 mm short wrench to mine to get them all the way back. Both mine are stripped also.

I ordered two sets a while ago and installed one set, but a friend who just purchased an 80 was asking so i said "here let's search real quick".... five minutes and we were still searching, ten minutes and we were searching... by that time i just posted this thread.

Those seat gears have saved Cruiser Heads $1000's, plus saved on endless aggravation.
Now if someone could just design an anti-freeze additive for head gasket repair....No! Not Bars Stop Leak Glitter....that's got me thinking maybe Goldschlager is worth a go around.....It works in Liquid Cocaine.

Those seat gears have saved Cruiser Heads $1000's, plus saved on endless aggravation.
Now if someone could just design an anti-freeze additive for head gasket repair....No! Not Bars Stop Leak Glitter....that's got me thinking maybe Goldschlager is worth a go around.....It works in Liquid Cocaine.

Just curious on why you don't like bars, it has worked for a lot of people.

Just curious on why you don't like bars, it has worked for a lot of people.

If it was good stuff why wouldn't Toyota sell it in coolant.
Personally I don't band-aid problems, I just go ahead and fix them correctly.
I do not use Belt Dressing or oil additives either.

If it was good stuff why wouldn't Toyota sell it in coolant.
Personally I don't band-aid problems, I just go ahead and fix them correctly.
I do not use Belt Dressing or oil additives either.

Why would toyota sell something that would prevent a bigger sale? Not everyone has the time or the fund to do the HG right away, bars have proved to be very good band-aid to get people out of jams.

Why would toyota sell something that would prevent a bigger sale? Not everyone has the time or the fund to do the HG right away, bars have proved to be very good band-aid to get people out of jams.

Well, in that case, people should just buy new cars instead of repairing the head gasket.

maybe it's time to lock down this thread.......

Well, I don't normally help with thread hijacking, but I have been researching this exact subject.

I'm looking at using https://www.steelseal.com/

It does NOT appear to have any solid particulate matter in the formula. It appears to be some kind of liquid that solidifies in the presence of very high temperatures (i.e. in the presence of combustion-level temps... e.g. 1000 degrees vs 190-200 degrees). It appears to be well-regarded, and I am tempted to give it a try. It definitely seems to be different from the normal "Bars Leaks" kinds of approaches.

Muddy1

Well, in that case, people should just buy new cars instead of repairing the head gasket.

No, Google is free and new car cost lots of money. This is more like if your car isn't working borrow your friend's car.

Sorry for derailing this thread:(

Maybe the Titles of all threads would have to summarize the info contained.
I guess when Users search "Barrs Stop Leak" they are going to have to read about seat gears.

It's not half annoying as asking, "What tires should I get?", or "What oil should I run?", "What is this truck worth?"

Back on topic to seat gears....

Both sets are bad on my 80, so I will be ordering soon! Thank you for the link!

As usual 'Mud is the place to find the tops and info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom