WOW Man . . . Spacers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While I making some mods to my truck I may want to use spacers. I have found there are some differences. What are the differences between Urethane Spring Spacers and spacers like the one Metal Tech makes?

Metal tech's lower the entire spring cone/bumpstop...the urethane ones just slip over the cone and dont mess with the bumpstop or length of the spring perch

I know that, which are better?

What are you looking to do?
Level things out, or fit larger tires, or both?
For the first, Slee's will do great.
For either of the latter, go with the Metal Tech.

Well I'm going to wait until I replace my front bumper but as of now I'm an inch higher in the back with a stock bumper. My truck is mostly a DD but I do go off road quite a bit too.

Think of it this way.

The slee spacers give you an extra inch of lift, just like taller coils would(except without the benefit of having a taller coil).

The metaltech spacers give you an extra inch of lift, and include lowered bumpstops free of charge :D

I do understand were the two different type of spacers will be in relation to the spring. My question is directed to is it the material, is it better on the top of the spring opposed to the bottom, or is it just a personal preference?

I do understand were the two different type of spacers will be in relation to the spring. My question is directed to is it the material, is it better on the top of the spring opposed to the bottom, or is it just a personal preference?

The rubber spacers will wear out over time... while the metal ones well they will never wear out unless the powder coating falls apart and the 1/4" plate rusts out. But your 80 series will be long dead before that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom