Wounded Warrior Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnnyC

Long ago TLCA# 2231
Threads
I didnt see a post about this worthy cause...

When a member of the armed forces gets severely injured, that becomes like another birthday called an Alive Day. This makes it more of a celebration then a saddened day.

One of our Training Officers at HMYM's sent me this .... and I had no idea that this was even a thing....
But Don T. (our training Officer ... SGT USMC and US Army ret.) let us know his friend Jamel Daniels (USMC) Alive Day is Sat Jan 30 at 1900 located at TJ's Flightline Pub 20 Saratoga Rd Glenville NY 12302.

Any of you guys celebrate the alive day? this is very new to me

Here is Jamel's story:

Along the lines of helping our wounded fully recover, our local State chapter of the NWTF (National Wild Turkey Federation) has partnered with the WTU (Warrior Transition Unit) from Ft. Campbell, KY to get these guys and gals out of the WTU and into the field and allow them to participate in hunting wild turkey. I've guided several of these hunts and made some great lasting friendships over the years with these deserving Soldiers. It's a great program to introduce or reintroduce them to the outdoors and the hunting lifestyle. Our Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency and the Milan Army Ammunition Plant allow us to conduct a three day event each spring prior to the statewide opener. We provide them with lodging, all the food they can eat, firearms and ammunition, and camera crews to document their weekend. All the gear and food is donated so they can just show up and enjoy themselves.

BOOAH 2012 Sign.jpg

BOOAH 2012 Mr X Mr G B1a.jpg

View attachment 1301552

View attachment 1301553

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom