1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wounded Warrior Project

Discussion in 'Veterans Highway' started by JohnnyC, Jan 28, 2016.

1. JohnnyC

JohnnyC Long ago TLCA# 2231 SILVER Star

Media:
    I didnt see a post about this worthy cause...

When a member of the armed forces gets severely injured, that becomes like another birthday called an Alive Day. This makes it more of a celebration then a saddened day.

One of our Training Officers at HMYM's sent me this .... and I had no idea that this was even a thing....
    But Don T. (our training Officer ... SGT USMC and US Army ret.) let us know his friend Jamel Daniels (USMC) Alive Day is Sat Jan 30 at 1900 located at TJ's Flightline Pub 20 Saratoga Rd Glenville NY 12302.

Any of you guys celebrate the alive day? this is very new to me

Here is Jamel's story:

highground, RiFF RaFF and pngunme like this.
  2. krzyabncanuck

krzyabncanuck USFS HOTSHOT GOLD Star

Yes I have seen this numerous times. Mostly my friends and friends of friends. Got to many that were injured.

pngunme likes this.
  3. highground

highground SILVER Star

Along the lines of helping our wounded fully recover, our local State chapter of the NWTF (National Wild Turkey Federation) has partnered with the WTU (Warrior Transition Unit) from Ft. Campbell, KY to get these guys and gals out of the WTU and into the field and allow them to participate in hunting wild turkey. I've guided several of these hunts and made some great lasting friendships over the years with these deserving Soldiers. It's a great program to introduce or reintroduce them to the outdoors and the hunting lifestyle. Our Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency and the Milan Army Ammunition Plant allow us to conduct a three day event each spring prior to the statewide opener. We provide them with lodging, all the food they can eat, firearms and ammunition, and camera crews to document their weekend. All the gear and food is donated so they can just show up and enjoy themselves.

BOOAH 2012 Sign.jpg

BOOAH 2012 Mr X Mr G B1a.jpg

View attachment 1301552

View attachment 1301553

JohnnyC, RiFF RaFF and pngunme like this.
  4. pngunme

pngunme daBoise (Gunner left and Chester right) SILVER Star

Media:
    Great job!!

highground likes this.
  5. 120mm

120mm SILVER Star

Media:
    I am a huge fan of the local support efforts. They tend to be honest and above-board.

highground likes this.
  6. JohnnyC

JohnnyC Long ago TLCA# 2231 SILVER Star

Media:
    A buddy in WW video... Don is also our drill instructor for our young marine unit ... he couldn't make it to drill tonight .... because he was still sore from this ski trip lol

Great guy