Would you pay $136,000 for an 80 Series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Azca

If there is a harder way - I will find it...
Threads
I would in a skinny minute!
But I figure if I have enough money to buy an 80 series for $136,000 I'd probably be doing a lot of other big purchases too. I'm happy for the owner and wouldn't question her/his decision as it's their money, not mine.

Whats a back to factory brand new restoration cost? No LS swap or transmission swap, just an all OEM restoration? Is it more than $136k? I think to the right person it's only original once.

Last edited:
$136,000.00 is pocket change for some people.

The value of my driveway just went up. No lowballers! I know what I've got!

What I'd spend is all about what the number represents relative to my wealth and automotive budget. Assuming I wanted the nicest 80 that I could buy and $136k is a small % of my available budget that 80 would have been a strong contender for purchase. As it stands, I spent about 1/10th that amount for my beat up, high mileage 80 that I drive the crap out of and it was worth every carefully counted penny ;)

No.
More than half my truck is newer than that one.

Last edited:
Sure the price seems crazy to us, but is it really? This is basically a brand new 27yr old truck straight out of a time capsule. How much did these sell for in the 90s, $50k? $50k in the 90s is not the same as $50k today. Adjusted for inflation in today's dollars, it's equivalent to about $91k. This is no doubt a museum showpiece so you need to add a small premium for owning such a rare vehicle. $136k really doesn't seem that absurd.

And no, your rusted out $4,500 pile of crap is not in the same league as this truck.

Iirc, there is a shop in Venezuela that has a number of brand spanking new 80’s. They have some 40’s as well. They were bought new and put away, still have plastic on the seats. I also recall at least one of the 80’s is the last year, 2006. They are for sale and I have been on their website although it has been awhile, like years. From what I recall they don’t list any prices.

$136k is nothing to a guy with a warehouse full of Cruisers. I know of at least one closet collector in North America with several warehouses full of Cruisers. He does not live lavishly and DD an old 80 with hundreds of thousands of miles on it. Yet he has millions of dollars in absolutely awesome Cruisers across 40+yrs of production. All stashed in his warehouses and he keeps them private.

So they are out there, that being the Cruisers and the folks who own them.

Not to mention $136k for say a guy in the middle east with a collection of cars or Cruisers is nothing. They spend more than that on modifying their engines. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Cheers

Sure the price seems crazy to us, but is it really? This is basically a brand new 27yr old truck straight out of a time capsule. How much did these sell for in the 90s, $50k? $50k in the 90s is not the same as $50k today. Adjusted for inflation in today's dollars, it's equivalent to about $91k. This is no doubt a museum showpiece so you need to add a small premium for owning such a rare vehicle. $136k really doesn't seem that absurd.

And no, your rusted out $4,500 pile of crap is not in the same league as this truck.
False.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom