Would you????? Come on???would you???? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
.... buy a 97 Lexus LX 450 from the original owner with 61K original miles for $23000!!!!!!!!!!!?????? KBB says that at most this car is worth $15000. The LX has all available options except front/rear diff. locks. What do you say? I would buy it for $15K.

I might pay 12-14K if it had lockers.

Hey theres a red Cruiser outfitted on fleabay for that w/factory locks In Cali!!

Yeah, $15k would be VERY steep even with lockers.

I paid $8200 for mine. 56k, no lockers. But it came with Wet Dog Smell(tm) that I'm having problems getting rid of.

$10-12k, if I didn't already have a nice LX w/150k mi...

Too much

Didn't one sell with around 16k miles for 20ish a while back?

One sold last week for $18k on this forum last week. There is a difference between people on this site vs others in terms of what they are willing to pay.

Whats the difference between paying 23k for this or 23k for a 2003 TLC? Most would prefer to have the LX450 with low miles knowing they will have a highly dependable vehicle for years to come. The same can be said of the 2003 TLC but it's boring!!!

Echoing what everyone else says.... too much with lockers i'd pay maybe 13-14k

Whats the difference between paying 23k for this or 23k for a 2003 TLC? Most would prefer to have the LX450 with low miles knowing they will have a highly dependable vehicle for years to come. The same can be said of the 2003 TLC but it's boring!!!

Well the difference is the 03 would actually be worth that in the KBB value if you bought the 97 you would be taking a 8k hit in value right off the back. Plus age, even if the truck isn't used much still wears out components.

I saw a locked one on ebay a year or so ago with ~30k original miles for $23k. I can see someone paying that (it looked BRAND NEW). For one with 60k miles? Hell no. I'd do $10k or so on that. Maybe $12-13k if it were locked. If he has all service receipts though...it might be tempting to go higher (as you said).

That is a bit steep...even for a rig with such low miles.

So how does one explain a restored KBB value on a FJ40 or FJ60 that sell for big bucks? KBB is only a guide and does not play into a "uniquely valued vehicle". Some restorations of these older rides start at $60,000

What are your intentions for this truck. If you want to park it and take it out on nice days or a trip here and there with limited miles and you REALLY REALLY want a 97 LX450 then it might only be a bad idea, but folks make bad decisions all the time. If your going to mile it up then you are throwing your money away. You can buy a nice 80 for lots less than $10 and if you really need to spend the money a 100 series for another $13000 and still be ahead.

It may fetch that money to someone with strange reason but you will lose your butt if you get it and then need to resale it in a few years. Whats it worth with 100K in four years. $8k maybe?

So how does one explain a restored KBB value on a FJ40 or FJ60 that sell for big bucks? KBB is only a guide and does not play into a "uniquely valued vehicle". Some restorations of these older rides start at $60,000

That plays into "it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it." A frame off restoration may cost $60k or more...but the completed vehicle is likely not worth half that to the average buyer.

The resale value of Land Cruisers...and Toyota trucks in general puzzle me. It's peoples willingness to cough up $5k+ for a 60 series that keep the prices up. IMO, I just don't see how a run of the mill/rusted out 60 is worth as much as an 80.

If I win the $31,000,000 lotto tonight I'll buy it tomorrow and post pics! Otherwise, I only paid $4k for my 96. Another $19k left to make it seriously bada$$!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom