Would you buy a 92 for 6800$ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Local 1992 model. All stock, very clean, all records. 140K miles. Asking 6800.

What are your thoughts?

I was worried because it doesn't have the upgraded 4.5L motor.

But I would use it for towing, and mostly hauling people around. No off roading.

Thoughts on price? With gas prices going through the roof, wonder what the market is like.

Appreciate it.

Probably not. Maybe if it was close to perfect with a long list of upgrades and preventative maintenance...

No

Not for $6,800. It would need maintenance records and some upgrades like lift, sliders, and bumper for me to consider.

Too high. No.

Negative... is this a dealer or something?

nope, and just a few months ago i was shopping for a 1992. that kind of money will get a decent 93 or newer....not going to say the 1fz-fe is better than the 3fe, but it is bigger.;p

What are you looking to tow, the early 80 series aren't great heavy towing vehicles.

I'm starting to see early model 100 series for under 10k.

Last edited:
I am looking to tow about 3500lbs. But I am in the market for 100, and this just came up. Figured why not look at it.

Truck has all records. Bone stock. Private party.

$6800 is WAY too high IMO, I think $4500 is closer to actual value. Plus, gas prices are going up which means SUV values are going down (as well as other gas hog vehicles).

Hell Ill see you mine for that much. I have a few mods on mine.:flipoff2:

I am looking to tow about 3500lbs. But I am in the market for 100, and this just came up. Figured why not look at it.

Truck has all records. Bone stock. Private party.

If you were in the market for a 100 series, I'd wager this rig would end up being a lot farther from your originally intended end state than you'd like.

I own Fj80s and FZJ80s... Like both for diff reasons...

No way I would pay that much for a '92 though.

Mark...

Not sure how many people you will be hauling or how much you are towing, but if no off-road I'd look more towards a Sequoia or Quad Cab Tundra than an 80 series. fwiw.

4.5L over the 'Mighty 3FE' hand's down and I've had 2 of the 4.0 and love my 4.5 so much more. JMTC
:cool:

Local 1992 model. All stock, very clean, all records. 140K miles. Asking 6800.

What are your thoughts?

I was worried because it doesn't have the upgraded 4.5L motor.

But I would use it for towing, and mostly hauling people around. No off roading.

Thoughts on price? With gas prices going through the roof, wonder what the market is like.

Appreciate it.

been searching for my 80 for almost a year now, the differences between an 80 and fzj80 you couldnt pay me to take a 91 or 92 over a 93+
not without a list of professional mods that included at a minimum upgraded engine, and ff axles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom