Would you buy a 200 again? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone,,
I generally hang out in the 80 and 40 section but silently read the many threads here.

We have a family of 5 with three boys between 6 and 8 years old. Our sequoia is our family vehicle. We also have a new Silverado. And an 80 and 40.

I've always wanted a new 200 and we took one for a drive today. Its obviously smaller than our sequoia inside and much closer to my 80 from a size standpoint. I'm ok with that.

My question is. With 2021 being the last year and given it is a10 year old platform would you buy it again or hold out for the 300 or some other similar vehicle(if there really is a similar vehicle). My brain says bronco or defender might be cool.

I love landcruisers but my internal self is questioning. I would get something used at a lower price point but the wifey wants something new. I love both my landcruisers but didn't have to pay 80k either for them.

This would be a daily driver. Would love to hear from folks that own and drive these fine vehicles.

Thank you
Mark

I bought a 2017 LC, then bought a 2020 Heritage Edition. Not sorry.

First year vehicles, especially from companies with sometimes questionable quality - not so much a good idea IMO.

Hi Everyone,,
I generally hang out in the 80 and 40 section but silently read the many threads here.

We have a family of 5 with three boys between 6 and 8 years old. Our sequoia is our family vehicle. We also have a new Silverado. And an 80 and 40.

I've always wanted a new 200 and we took one for a drive today. Its obviously smaller than our sequoia inside and much closer to my 80 from a size standpoint. I'm ok with that.

My question is. With 2021 being the last year and given it is a10 year old platform would you buy it again or hold out for the 300 or some other similar vehicle(if there really is a similar vehicle). My brain says bronco or defender might be cool.

I love landcruisers but my internal self is questioning. I would get something used at a lower price point but the wifey wants something new. I love both my landcruisers but didn't have to pay 80k either for them.

This would be a daily driver. Would love to hear from folks that own and drive these fine vehicles.

Thank you
Mark

The only thing preventing me from getting a 2021 is the thought of parting with my 100 or the FJ Cruiser, since adding a sibling to the 2018 would be impossible to get approved by the Almighty Comptroller of Domestic Budgets.

Personally for me its tough. There are a lot of exciting vehicle available right now. For me the the absolutely SHlTTY infotainment/climate control annoys me to know end. It is the biggest POS in the industry. I average 27-28K miles a year, most of which comes from 17 hour drives up to Delaware from NW FL. I have slept in it probably 20-25 nights. I can get 8 hours of sleep in the passenger seat no problem (crazy considering I'm normally a stomach sleeper).

I have enjoyed the relatively zero maintenance on a vehicle that honestly deserves a nicer home, lol.

Im on my 6th if you count my wife’s LX’s too

My wife loves green and spotted an Amazon green 200 recently she liked so much she snapped a pic of it. If I could find the right one for her, we'd be closing in on your number, but I've been looking for the "right one" for years and haven't seen it yet!

Back in 2013 when I bought mine, yes would do it all over again. Today, probably not unless I really needed a vehicle not just wanted one. If my LX got totaled tomorrow it would be a tough decision.

The reason, I tend to keep vehicles for at least 10 years and 10 years from now I think the 200 will be way behind the times.

Im on my 4th LC/LX since 1987, all bought new by me. Still have my FJ60, 100, and my current 200. LX is gone. At the same time, i have owned a lot of other vehicles including a LR Disco2, Mercedes G63, Toyota 4Runner, K2500 Suburban, Range Rover, etc. While i still have the 4Runner, everything else is long gone.

I would have a hard time not having an LC in the stable. For me it meets all of my requirements (ok, maybe not MPG or range). If the 300 ever shows up on these shores I’ll buy it. If not i figure I’m still set until i get too old to drive (40 more years) or gasoline vehicles are outlawed (maybe similar timeframe).

Back in 2013 when I bought mine, yes would do it all over again. Today, probably not unless I really needed a vehicle not just wanted one. If my LX got totaled tomorrow it would be a tough decision.

The reason, I tend to keep vehicles for at least 10 years and 10 years from now I think the 200 will be way behind the times.
This is my very dilemma. I want to keep it for a long time but its going to be way out of touch with vehicle's 10 years from now given its dated platform today.

Let me check the driveway.

Yes!

CB117EED-5135-4EEE-B429-B78A31D5E0DD.jpeg

I’m not officially in my 200 yet so I can’t comment on them but before I chose the LC I was also interested in the Defender and the Bronco so I joined forums and FB groups for them as well as joining here. The Bronco seems to be all its hyped up to be but it’s lack of towing ability took it off my list. All the complaints I’ve seen on the Defender groups really make me feel like I made the best choice. I’d suggest at least looking at some other owner forums to get a feel for what their ownership experience has been. The issues I’ve seen pop up on the Defender groups really live up to the Land Rover quality.

4Runner V8 is in the garage and the 100 is in NJ.
Gotta gave NA V8 Toyota options.
Would love to have a driveway like that!

I agree with @TrekboxX. As a development engineer of new aircraft versions and variants, no matter how mature the development methodology is, more time always has benefits to a more mature product.

A 2021 would be the most time tested and mature version of the 200-series. Being the last model year, and potentially last of the Land Cruiser line, it has good potential of holding more value than any other. With relatively low sales numbers, will forever be exclusive.

Do you modify your vehicles? The 200-series also has pretty mature aftermarket support at this point. More than new and future models coming out.

Yup, best vehicle on the road today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom