would this work on a hi lift jack for a stock bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't see where a short piece of 2x4 between the jack and bumper where it attaches to the frame wouldn't do the same thing

Hi-Lift claim to fame it the ability to raise a stuck vehicle up and push it over to gain a fresh start. This product makes it impossible:rolleyes: The last jack you want to use to change a tire is a Hi-Lift.

But then again they are marketing it to jeep owners:doh:

I bought the lift-mate shown above. Besides not being able to remove or rotate the wheel being lifted without a jackstand, with my wheels the lift-mate worked on one end but not the other. I don't remember which, but either the front disc's or the rear drums interfered with the hooks and the lift-mate didn't work.

Before I got custom bumpers I used what I show in the post linked below. I used a short piece of channel bolted to each rear frame rail and I bolted a longer, larger channel underneath the front bumper. By this point my front bumper was aftermarket and not as strong as the OEM bumper. However, I found out that front frame rails are too close together and both front wheels come off the ground if you try and put a jack underneath one side. The channel under the bumper allowed me to move the lift point farther to the outside so I could lift only one corner at a time.

I agree that to get a wheel off the ground you need to lift the truck too high. To reduce the lift height you can use a ratchet strap wrapped around the axle and leaf spring to keep the spring compressed.

I've gotten the most use out of my hi-lift this past summer pulling shrub stumps in my backyard!

Hig lift jack fit to fj60 bumper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom