Would this work for hy-steer?

Website
www.threeelementsdesigns.com
Would it be possible to remove the steering arm mounts from the knuckles (?), turn them upside down so the bend faces up, netting around 2 inches or so of tie rod clearance? I know that you would have to swap them from side to side aswell, to clear the tires, and therefore shorten the tie rod a few inches, but this would be really cheap. Granted it's not the 4 plus inches of the professional kits, but 2 inches is near free until I can get the dough for the good stuff. What do you think?

woody

Staff member
Admin
Website
www.TieRodMedia.com
nope....that arm attaches with cone washers, you'd need to reverse those...theres'also a two-step round recess that retains the trunion bearings.

Once you see an arm that's not installed, it's obvious....lol

soa10.jpg

Website
www.crawlorado.com
i was just about to post a message with this same idea.. i guess it wont work..

What about heating them up and bending them myself, or having a Shop do it localy.. anything has to be better then $400 arms..

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor
Website
www.cruiseroutfitters.com
[quote author=isotel link=board=1;threadid=8755;start=msg75779#msg75779 date=1071469647]...What about heating them up and bending them myself, or having a Shop do it localy.. anything has to be better then $400 arms..
[/quote]

There are heated & bent arms on the market... without proper metallurgy knowledge... dont try it... :D

[quote author=isotel link=board=1;threadid=8755;start=msg75779#msg75779 date=1071469647]
i was just about to post a message with this same idea.. i guess it wont work..

What about heating them up and bending them myself, or having a Shop do it localy.. anything has to be better then $400 arms..
[/quote]

That's what I'm going to do with mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom