Wanted Would like to find a HZJ77 to upgrade from HZJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With the new kid and potentially growing family, I'm looking to upgrade from my 73 to a 77. If anybody has any leads, please let me know.
There is one along with a couple of KZ Cruisers in ‘MUD’s Classified Section.
Good luck,

@Gun Runner 5 thanks for the heads up. I believe you are mentioning this one For Sale - 1991 Toyota Landcruier HZJ77 with factory 5speed, lockers, a/c and aftermarket bumpers. - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1991-toyota-landcruier-hzj77-with-factory-5speed-lockers-a-c-and-aftermarket-bumpers.1248121/

I didn't see that until you mentioned it. I appreciate it. I'm a little exhausted after being a new dad. I actually spoke to that seller a month or so ago after finding their contact info. I will be searching for something with a lower price tag. As much as I like the sight of that rig, I am hoping to find one for closer to 20K.

@Gun Runner 5 thanks for the heads up. I believe you are mentioning this one For Sale - 1991 Toyota Landcruier HZJ77 with factory 5speed, lockers, a/c and aftermarket bumpers. - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1991-toyota-landcruier-hzj77-with-factory-5speed-lockers-a-c-and-aftermarket-bumpers.1248121/

I didn't see that until you mentioned it. I appreciate it. I'm a little exhausted after being a new dad. I actually spoke to that seller a month or so ago after finding their contact info. I will be searching for something with a lower price tag. As much as I like the sight of that rig, I am hoping to find one for closer to 20K.
My only advice is to buy the absolute best one your budget allows. From my experience you either spend the money upfront or spend it later. There is seldom an option where you don’t spend money either way. 😊
Congrats on the newborn. 👍

My only advice is to buy the absolute best one your budget allows. From my experience you either spend the money upfront or spend it later. There is seldom an option where you don’t spend money either way. 😊
Congrats on the newborn. 👍
I have heard some horror stories for sure. Maybe I lucked out but I was able to find my current rig for a lot less than they’re selling now and it was only a couple of years ago. Prices really are a lot higher suddenly. If I can’t find one for less than 38 k then I’d just grab a brand new 4Runner TRD and call it a day. As much as I love a land cruiser, I’m not going to spend half the brand new price when it’s 30 years old.

If it is between something like a HZJ77 and a brand new 4runner, then you will be highly disappointed if you went with a 77. No comparison whatsoever on all fronts. Make sure you have your expectations fully defined and understand all that is involved before taking the plunge. Any 30 year old vehicle, Landcruiser are no exception, are similar to boats and a planes, the price to acquire one is just a fraction of what it is to maintain and operate. Yes, the price of admission has gone up in recent years, that's why you really want to be sure you know what you are getting yourself into.

I have heard some horror stories for sure. Maybe I lucked out but I was able to find my current rig for a lot less than they’re selling now and it was only a couple of years ago. Prices really are a lot higher suddenly. If I can’t find one for less than 38 k then I’d just grab a brand new 4Runner TRD and call it a day. As much as I love a land cruiser, I’m not going to spend half the brand new price when it’s 30 years old.
It sounds like you’re taking the necessary steps to avoid “Cruiser fever”. 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom