Would anyone local want a used A440F? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
It'd have the tcase still attached, hasn't shown any sign of wear (no chunks of clutch material or metals in the fluid, and nothing beyond thin gray film on the magnets), but the combination does have about 280K miles on it. It started just barely making the infamous FJ62 *clunk* last summer. Trying to gauge my odds of being able to sell in it hopes it could pay for the rest of the parts I need to collect for the H55 conversion, which the wife seems okay with now that I showed her the cost of finishing the swap versus rebuilding the automatic and tcase :D

Since I'm converting it would come with all the shift linkage and my "no-slop" modded shifter for the tranny.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/279837-no-slop-fj62-shifter-mods.html

Needless to say my first choice would be to sell it locally if I can because it's so heavy.

How much would you expect to get for that much aluminum? I can't imagine it'd net more than $100 if it's going for scrap. Be cool if I'm wrong though.

Honestly I didn't really expect anyone to be interested, but I figured I'd throw it out there anyway just in case. I gotta get crackin on rust repair and the H55 conversion. I wanna drive my 62 again!

Or a tank and a half of gas :doh:

That reminds me I need to get cracking on my shop so I can get it back together and get my 62 into it, or the H55 swap will NEVER happen....

I might be interested in the combo if you still had them. How much were you trying to get?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom