Would anyone be interested in these?

Would you buy this?

• Yes, I'd buy both

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Yes, but only buy the dash gauge cluster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but only buy the ashtray switch pod

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Yes, but would prefer aluminum (more $$)

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Yes, but would prefer stainless (more $$)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nope, not interested.

Votes: 20 62.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had these cut out for my dash and ashtray. The dash gauge cluster can accomodate (2) 2-1/16" gauges, (2) .90 round cutouts for switches, (1) .50" hole for a light, and a bank for 3 contura rocker switches. The ashtray is cutout for a bank of 4 contura rocker switches. These are cutout from 11g steel and have a very smooth face. They are made to be powder coated. I'm trying to see if anyone would be interested in these if I had a batch cut out. I would think the price would be around $15 for the ashtray and probably around $25 for the dash. Again, these are steel, but if there would be more interest in aluminum or stainless steel, let me know, but the cost would be quite a bit more I would assume for stainless or aluminum. I thought it turned out pretty slick. They are cutout using a CNC laser. Also, if you wanted them preloaded w/ gauges, switches, rings etc. that could probably be done also. Just let me know.

Installation:
The dash gauge cluster would require you to cutout your dash, but the ashtray switch cluster fits the stock hole in my 1970 dash. The 2 I had cutout are for fitting purposes and would be refined before final production. The ashtray switch pod would include counter sunk holes that would fit your stock holes in your dash. The dash gauge cluster would also have counter sunk holes. I am using bolts right now to hold it in place, but it will be secured w/ flat head machine screws.

Nick

IMG_5749.jpg

Dash Gauge Cluster
IMG_5750.jpg

Ashtray Switch Pod
IMG_5751.jpg

IMG_5757.jpg

IMG_5753.jpg

Last edited:
FYI, Proffitt's Cruisers already makes and sells the exact ash tray panel as you have.

i think some nice allen head screws would have looked nicer

I'm going to put those in, these were just to hold it in place. The holes w/ be countersunk to allow for allen head machine screws.

I would purchase the ashtray switch panel from you right NOW.

Would you include the plastic insert? I would run my ARB switches up to there.

Do you have the ash tray panel available? I have a message into proffits and they have not responded, I do not need the switches.

Arndog

I see two potential drawbacks for you...

1) Not everyone will want that exact setup for their dash. Maybe you could offer options? If you can do custom cutting...I bet there is a market.

2) There seems to be a huge stigma with cutting holes in your dash. I have noted many times on mud that someone would have bought a certain FJ except that the PO modified the dash.

Personally, I think that an ashtray plate with power points and a few USB would be more helpful for my needs.

Doc

when in doubt make you own, thanks for the inspiration, I no longer need the panel

arndog

Holly thread revival Batman. Sorry I didn't get back to you guys. When I first posted, I didn't have enough interest in them so I didn't have any more cutout.

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom