Would a HDJ80R Take a Twin Turbo 1VD-FTV? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone done anything like this?

I've seen that someone has put a Single Turbo 1VD-FTV from the 70 Series into a 100 Series which looked pretty interesting. I don't know a whole lot about cars as I'm pretty new to this but another question:

Can this engine be fitted to a manual transmission or does it only work with automatic, if that's the case I suppose I'm SOL as I would really love a Manual V8 Diesel HDJ80R in the future.

Also, How serious is the oil eating on the 1VD-FTV Twin Turbo? Could anyone tell me the average amount it takes in (insert standard time frame) as opposed to say a 1HD-FTE?

Thanks for any input!

First .. those are highly electronic related engines .. and even in 80 wide frame the twin turbo will have some issues to fit ..

If planing that swap first I would make sure to have the donor truck pretty close .. and I don't recall any VDJ200 manual ... maybe in Australia .. not sure. the worse part come from the fact t-case behind the auto tranny ..

Did a bit of looking into it and it does look like they only come in Auto which is a shame.

The next thing I've come to is perhaps getting a HDJ100 with the 1HD-FTE and getting it sorted with solid front axle's and doing it up from there. But the 100 Series is a fair bit more expensive but I suppose most of them have a lot less miles on them. But that is before even touching the IFS.

Looks like I will need to save for a while before I finally own a Landcruiser.

Cheers for the info.

There was an 80 with a single turbo v8 d4d motor on ebay au about a year ago, so it is possible with the single turbo motor - Iirc one of the 4wd mags had a 100 with the same motor.

If you want a straight axle 100 with a 1hdfte start with a hzj105 (1hz) which would be cheaper than a hdj100, and transplant the engine, the 100 with the hdfte has torsion bars and ifs to remove... I'd rather bolt in an engine than modify a chassis...

Mate, you are better off jumping onto the Aussie LCOOL forum, these poor Americans dont get the diesels :(

well we do too .. and I'm American from Panamá .. good advice about the LCOOL anyhow ..

200 series only has a manual in the Middle East market and behind a 4l petrol engine.
I wonder whether a 79 series H151 would bolt straight up to a TT 1VD...?
Until somebody does it, the single turbo 1VD is going to be the ultimate engine conversion for your 80 or 100 series.
There's a guy here in AU putting an after market 40 body on a VDJ79...that would be pretty cool, too.
Love these modern V8 diesels. Oil consumption issues resolved a couple of years back, further reliability issues in extreme conditions resolved by fitting marinised alternators.

...via IH8MUD app

I wonder whether a 79 series H151 would bolt straight up to a TT 1VD...?
U

More like, would the H151 +TC from a VDJ79 line up under the 80??

I'm guessing this would be the trick to doing the conversion!

I suppose its a lot easier said than done, but no one said it was gonna be easy anyway.

Another major consideration would be the one Tapage was quick to point out, electronics.

All in all, while complicated, it does sound awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom