WOT when flexing??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Morning all! So I have recently discovered a problem that is new to me ad my cruiser. When I flex the front suspension on anything, the engine goes WOT. I have checked the linkage and I don't see anything out of the ordinary. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this? I am planning on a day of good hard wheeling on Saturday and plan to flex it out and see is something is getting hung up.

that sounds really dangerous o_O

Possible you have a bad motor or trans mount? Maybe it's shifting and stretching the throttle cable or pinching the kickdown cable?

Yes. Wide Open Throttle. I am also thinking the motor/trans mount idea. Thanks!

Yeah, seems like something has to be yanking the kickdown cable.

Can you post a video of this condition? I'm very interested in seeing this.

Broken or worn motor mounts allowing the engine to rotate pulling cable tight opening the throttle, check motor mounts, and also open hood and floor the engine looking for movement

Can you post a video of this condition? I'm very interested in seeing this.
I will see what I can do on that...

Another remote possibility is that the engine ECU harness going by the EGR area getting shorted somehow under engine twisting? Usually this results in the engine cutting out so I don't think this is an issue.

the space that the throttle cable runs in between the brake booster and intake manifold is really tight.. there are a couple clips there that the cable housing is designed to rest in and keep it from rubbing on things.. then over to the side of the charcoal canister.

I'd take a close look at all of that, as well as making sure both bolts holding the cable to the firewall are in place.. if something pushed up on the cable and one of those bolts were loose it'd be pretty easy to pull on the cable making the throttle rise.

A harness issue would be limited to what the idle air control valve could flow, as nothing in the harness should make the throttle valve open. Granted.. the IAC can pretty easily flow enough air for the 2k-2500 cold idle some people get.. but this isn't exactly WOT

Are you locked? If not your prabbaly just lifting a tire and spinning if and getting a higher engine rpm... I want video also that should help up

Sorry, no video. I tried to duplicate the problem and no luck. It happened twice but now, nothing. I checked all motor and trans mounts all seem good. I also traced the throttle cable and kick down cables. The kick down cable seemed like it was bound up in the clip down by the trans dipstick so a rearranged that a little. I picked it up with the forklift today and everything seemed happy. Other than that, who knows... Thanks for all the input!:beer:
IMG_6226.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom