Worth shipping from South Africa to USA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gents, new to the forum and have just returned stateside from a year in South Africa. I bought this 80 series and drove all over South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia and Zimbabwe. It’s a right hand drive, my job will pay to ship it back as a part of my move. I’m wondering if these things are worth anything in the US given it’s right hand drive
238C0058-AA54-461E-BE7A-0F835F39D58C.jpeg

2D642694-4FC7-410B-ADE0-735339E5BAB5.jpeg

C92036D0-8269-4D18-B1B6-9FC37AB19411.jpeg

260556B0-65AC-4475-80FC-BD15ECD52C74.jpeg

Last edited:
yeah. It's a Land cruiser. look up adds to see how much they sre selling for in your area, given condition, milage and maintenance. Right hand drive is fun so maybe a bit extra. Do you expect any problems with registering the vehicle in your state? If not, bring it and drive it.

Yes it’s worth, bring it in!! Your truck looks great and seems to be in good shape. Right-hand drive trucks are imported and sold in the US regularly.

Is it diesel or petrol; a diesel would make it more desirable all things being equal ?

Looks like a Transvaal, I mean Gauteng, registration plate ?

If it's gas, yes. If it is diesel, hell yesss. If it is a 1HD-T, **** yessss.

So, uh, yes. Also, that one looks nicely kitted.

Edit: I should preface that with one thing. If it is gas, compare local prices (and what you paid for it) to American prices. Example: A 3FE or 1HZ 80 series here in Japan is priced much higher than in the states, the same cannot be said for diesels.

Last edited:
What year model? That's the only hangup. It can't be newer than 7/1995 production date. It has to be 25 years old. If you're only wanting to bring it to sell it, the gas won't bring as much as the diesel, but its an 80, so it'll sell either way.

I'd be interested and am local.

Is it diesel or petrol; a diesel would make it more desirable all things being equal ?

Looks like a Transvaal, I mean Gauteng, registration plate ?

It’s petrol, I thought about swapping before I left, but got on the next thing smoking when flights opened up to get back to the US.

What year model? That's the only hangup. It can't be newer than 7/1995 production date. It has to be 25 years old. If you're only wanting to bring it to sell it, the gas won't bring as much as the diesel, but its an 80, so it'll sell either way.

I'd be interested and am local.

it’s a 1995 not sure if the production month, but I’ll check on that. will likely post once / if I bring it over.

Nice rig! Sounds like an epic experience, I've spent some time in those countries and an 80 would have made it even better! Look forward to hearing how the travel back to the US goes! Good luck!

Details on those side mirrors?

well you said gas so the next questions are what transmission and does it have lockers? an unlocked auto gas truck is basically a US spec with RHD so worth less imo than one i could buy here. what would it sell for there? might be worth more to just sell it locally. no way i would EVER buy a RHD gas, auto unlocked cruiser when i can get the same thing with the steering wheel in the correct spot.

Reactions: ppc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom