worth it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking at a cheap pig to buy and part out in attempts to turn a profit or at least get my money back wont do it for a loss. It will cost like 5-600 to ship most likely and I am trying to decide if I can get that back. It doesnt have an engine tranny or tcase. Does have all the body doesnt look to rusted. All the glass except the windshield. Axles, frame, don't know the interior condition. Doesnt have any lights or mirrors. What do you guys think?

What year? What state is it in? If it's down this way I can help on pickup.

if your unsure on the interior and other condition for amount of nice parts to sell, i thinks its gonna be a gamble. i would be in line with a good list of oddball parts but i already have it comming from osage.

What year is it?
How much rust?
How long are you willing to hold onto the parts?

I bet a later model would sell better.

I still get calls once a month regarding an add I posted on MAF website 2 years ago when I parted out a '55. People want all sorts of crazy stuff.
The Frame
The floor Pans
Roof
Weather Stripping
A knob

Don't forget your time is worth something. '55 owners are resourceful (read frugal).

Unless you really need some parts of the '55 I wouldn't buy it ( speaking from experience).

Nothing in it is of much interest to me, the stuff I would want is gone now. It is a 74 it has the normal rust spot on the fenders. The doors all seem good. The tailgate has some rust on the bottom but better then most I have seen. Its up in Maryland have a shipping quote of 595 right now which is pretty decent.

600 for shipping and im guessin 2-400 for pig.you wont make money.and it really will be a pain in the ass to take apart and ship parts all over,especially if you get nothin for the deal.usually you get a free motor trans/tcase set up and sell everything else and break even but end up with what you wanted.you definateley wont pull 800 out of it unless theres some real nice stuff there that people actually want.which is rear springs,axles,glass,knobs,e-brake cable and bracketry,steering column,seats,doors,etc.that stuff doesnt add up as well as we'd all like.you might be able to make a dollar or 2 when its all said n done,but you gotta think about the time you put in.
good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom