Worked on the pig today... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well we packed the kids up and went out to the dam today. Not many folks out that far. The lakes near town were crowded and a few of them closed due to zero parking. Today I cleaned the fuse box and installed fuses. So now all the fuse contacts are good. I also removed the factory AM radio and did some minor work on the dash. Opened the tailgate up to inspect it. Not bad... tiny bit of rust here and there but only in a couple places. Treated the rust. I also placed a few small layers of sound deadening material similar to dynamat xtreme. Pealed the front drivers side rubber mat off the floor and placed three layers of reflectix. Awe yes now my feet arent cooking when I drive barefoot. Anyway I was happy with what I had accomplished. We parked right on the shoreline and the wife and kids went swimming while I invested a little time in FJ55 Zen. I love working on my pig.

Now for something that is not so pleasant. This is my biggest pet peeve. People that tailgate. We are driving back home... gravel road and its posted 20mph. Road is grated so you cant drive much faster then that anyway or you start to crab walk.... I got this phawking biatch behind the wheel of a brand new Lesux RX... You cant pass people because there isnt enoug room... and she isnt backing off... normally I would just pull over and let people like this by.. no placed to do so....She keeps trying to pass me... ok now she just about wrecked into the rear drivers side of my pig... now Ive had enough.... I slow down and while in second gear I push in the clutch and rev the engine then dump the clutch... spraying gravel all over her hood and windsheild... then I slow down and do it a second time.... for the rest of the trip she remained at least 80feet behind us. When we got to an area she could pass I let her... she didnt look at us... I just smiled as she went by... Man you should have seen all the gravel... pretty much rooster tailed. Now Im happy again.

i just drive slower when people tailgate me :)

For me it depends on where Im at.... when Im back home in the San Juans I will drive slower or pull over... but this was a way different situation. When I slowed down all she did was get right up on my ass... and weaved back and forth... thats when I sprayed gravel all over her. I did it twice so she would get the message... and I think she did..

sometimes if you're on a rural route with gravel on the side of the road then I will pull just over the line to throw rocks at the ricers.

I just wanted to say.... we went for a small cruiser in the pig tonight. Life is good. I love my pig. The wife loves the pig too... This was the best birthday present ever.

oh... btw... lol.. did you guys see my thread on the hufu? lol.... if not you gotta visit this website and read the FAQ and the Guest book.

http://www.eathufu.com

I think I might get one of the Chef's aprons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom