Work Weekend at Ralph's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ralph has recently converted his property in to a private "hunting club", not because it is that exactly, but because regulations exist for that type of membership organisation, allowing multiple people to use the property, almost any time for multiple events.

Therefore, we have lost our access to come in and ride any time we want by making a few phone calls. Property maintenance is his biggest expense, as the property is about 200 acres, not huge by trail riding standards, but a lot to take care of with a few guys.

So, we, as a club, have been invited to participate in a Work Weekend on the 9th, 10th and 11th of November. Ralph will be on-site all weekend with the goals of cleaning up all trails (limbs, downed trees, weedeating), cutting and splitting some firewood (gas splitter on premises), cleaning up the large rock garden by the lake (weeding, trimmer, blower) and just doing some general maintenance. All of the trails will need to be blown off, there are a few miles of 4x4 trails and at least 7 or 8 miles of motorcycle trails.

Friday and Saturday will be Work Days. You are welcome to come for the day on either day or stay the whole weekend (camping on premises). Sunday (only) will be a trail ride day. Please do not come on Sunday and ask to ride if you have not participated in the work day.

This is a rare opportunity to use this property, now that it has been converted to membership only. Bring your (responsible) friends, bring the kids, camp out in the nice Autumn weather and throw a steak on the fire.

Please bring tools such as leaf blowers, weed trimmers, chain saws, gloves, ax/hatchet, hand saw, etc., There is quite a bit to be done. Please leave alcohol in camp and DO NOT post this on social media. If you do not know Ralph or have not been to his property, please ASK someone in the club about this event.

A reply post with a head count, days you are planning to attend and tools that you have would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
"Friday and Saturday will be Work Days. You are welcome to come for the day on either day or stay the whole weekend (camping on premises). Sunday (only) will be a trail ride day. Please do not come on Sunday and ask to ride if you have not participated in the work day."

Timing very bad for me but for the rest of you guys (especially stock-ish rigs) this is a GREAT opportunity to wheel a good place that's located in Dawsonville, Ga.

Ralph's is where many of the long time members have learned how to wheel (not to mentioned making friends) and i cannot empathize enough what a good opportunity this is for guys just getting involved.

A good showing would be very appreciated by all.

Last edited:
Myself +1 (my daughter) are in. Our plan will be to come up Saturday morning and camp that night. I can bring a gas blower, chainsaw, and hand tools.

We planning on a group dinner or everyman for himself?

For some reason, I am not receiving notification of replies. As I will be out of town next weekend, I went yesterday and split about a cord of wood with the assistance of Tom and John. Ralph will be on site all weekend, so please introduce yourself, if you do not know him. Hopefully there will be a good turnout; the weather was beautiful yesterday and we saw quite a few members riding ATV's and motorcycles.

Would anything be required besides a set of work gloves and 4 usable limbs?

If my truck is out of the shop by Friday I would like to come up. Dog friendly place at all?

Would anything be required besides a set of work gloves and 4 usable limbs?

If my truck is out of the shop by Friday I would like to come up. Dog friendly place at all?

not much else needed, anything gas powered is handy to have but not required. dogs are no problem.

Was talking with @tgreco (Tony) a little while ago, he plans on helping/camping Saturday and riding Sunday. I have to deliver him a set of tires I'm picking up while in TN so I'll roll in on Sunday morning for a little while.

Yep, we’re in if it’s happening. Haven’t seen much action here but I’m out of the loop. Still planning to camp and wheel.

I’ve been once but can’t remember exact directions. I’ve got a couple of feelers out for directions, but I’d appreciate a location PM if anybody sees this before Saturday.

Yep, we’re in if it’s happening. Haven’t seen much action here but I’m out of the loop. Still planning to camp and wheel.

I’ve been once but can’t remember exact directions. I’ve got a couple of feelers out for directions, but I’d appreciate a location PM if anybody sees this before Saturday.

sh!t, sorry I got busy and forgot. text your way.

Dogs are not a problem ALA they are friendly. There are usually other dogs there, so laid back hippie dogs that get along with other dogs are probably best :D

Mine will get along with others but will probably prefer to stick near me.

Looking like I may not have my truck back before Monday, unfortunately. Would love to join you guys and help out, share some cheap beer, etc. Next time.

This will now be the 3rd event I'll have missed because dump trucks have crappy braking distance

How did this event turn out? Hope everyone got some trail riding in and enjoyed the nice weather. It was in the high 20's along the GA/NC border Friday night and Saturday night, so I presume Dawsonville was about the same for anyone who was brave enough to camp at Ralph's.

We (club) have been invited to participate in an Open Ride Weekend at Ralph's property. It will be held on December 8th (only) and will be held in conjunction with a fund raiser for Dawson County EMS.

Your entry "fee" is $30 equivalent of canned or packaged food. A $10 cash donation is requested for passengers of side by sides or 4x4 trucks.

Hours are 10 am to 5 pm and the place will probably be quite busy. Bring food to cook on one of the three grills or run into town for lunch. Kids and dogs are welcome as long as they are well behaved. Same rules apply as work day above on posting, directions, etc.

This is a good opportunity for members who have never been or members who have not been in a while, to get a ride in.

This ride is less than a week away.

/friendly reminder

Literally a day late and a dollar short. I hope there was turnout. This would have been a good introduction for my missus.

Did it get canceled/rescheduled due to weather by chance?

Literally a day late and a dollar short. I hope there was turnout. This would have been a good introduction for my missus.

Did it get canceled/rescheduled due to weather by chance?

Was cancelled due to weather. No further details at present

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom