Work trip with perks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.flickr.com
Hi,
So I recently had a couple of jobs further in B.C., Kelowna, Vernon, Kamloops and Prince George. On the way back I managed to get a day and half of exploring and wheeling.
The first off-highway trip was right off 150mile house. McIntosh - Moffat Lake FSR to road 108 to Spout Lake FSR (on the map it's Komori or 3200 rd). It started off as a highway where you could fit 4 lanes of traffic and easily go 100Km + (Sopel would have love it, and found a way of breaking something). That area is called a "managed forest" area and it looks like management fired everybody. Almost everything was clear cut. Since I could not find a nice spot to camp I decided to head over to our trusty Tupper Lake. I got into that area around 10:30pm and since I've been there before decided to do the night run. I discovered that above 1200m the snow had not yet gone away and disappointed, but not stuck, had to turn around and camp at Gump Lake - which is not that good of a place to camp.
In the morning I decided to do some exploring - I learned to regret that only much later in the day.
From just before Logan Lake, taking the Tunkwa Lake Rd (paved but nice) with some trails criss crossing for the fun, to above Savona, following the Deadman - Vidette rd/FSR, nice drive, going by the reservation (if you need any old Chevy or Ford parts, good place). Turned off at the Deadman-Cache Creek FSR and tried to head North towards the Arrowstone Hills. Again all my attempts failed, every time I got above 1200m the snow stopped me from further progress. The only thing I wanted to do is sit by a lake and roast some food on a camp fire.
I had one last location saved and since I have been there before (many years) I knew it well (so I thought).
Blue Earth Lake, just off the highway between Spences Bridge and Cache Creek, nice easy FSR, I forgot how high the lake is. By this time I was some what annoyed and decided to see if I can get past it. I managed to take an easy trail, one that a car can do (when there is no snow) and spend 2 hours finding a long forgotten short cut. Chainsaw, axe and shovel became the primary tools, I revived an old trail only to get stopped by snow a bit closer to the lake.
I gave up and decided to head back the scenic way through the Venables Lake trail which has amazing views and a little unmarked "town".
In the end, the journey (as always) was more interesting and important then the destination. Seeing as I did not get to any of my destinations, I am sticking to that.
:beer:
For pics, link below.

yes , nice job with perks, sign me up thanks for the story and photos
aaron

As usual Mat, you suck.

Hey Mat,

Prague is coming up in a month, been busy making sure all goes well. Trying work out details in schedule to make the May trip to Big Bar.

Do you like your Moo cards? I just got some stuff done through QOOP. A couple of shirts and a calender. Pricey, but cool.

I don't know how good shirts are when you get them done here, gut the ones from QOOP are screened. I like em, I however didn't like paying brokerage and taxes.

The calendars are over sized and pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom