work party at my place Saturday Feb 20th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
Both Morgan and I have weak front spring hangers on our rigs, and I also need some help getting the hardtop and roofrack off my new 40 to weld an overhead console plate into the rollcage sooo,...I figured we'd round up a few guys and get some small welding projects done. :)

Let me know if you can make it. Start 8am with coffee and donuts, a cooler of drinks for when it warms up [weather providing] and we'll see how it goes.

Thanks!

Rain may change the plans.:frown:

I will be there regardless. I have a TON of work to do.

The work party was a HUGE success.:bounce::bounce:

Thanks to Matt and Noah for showing up early to help get the hardtop off.

Thanks to Biscuit for his rocket science precision in drilling and mounting my new overhead panel for the stereo and CB, as well as the cable guides

Thanks to LandCruiserJunky for the hours and hours of sanding and prep to put some fresh paint on the hardtop.

Thanks to Calico Kid for remounting the windshield gutter on the hardtop and taking the initiative to cut and shape the front bumper.

Thanks to Rafe [theycallmenica] for helping mount the new hi lift jack base

Thanks to Morgan, for helping inspire me to have a work party to fix BOTH our loose spring hangers in the first place. Poor Morgan got to find out how long it takes to UNDO a good weld!

And a big thanks to Doug for helping keep me on track with some of my regular business.

cruiserheads rock!

Oh, and thanks to Alf for dinner!

Pics to follow.:)

The 'new' shape of the front bumper:
CIMG0329.jpg

The shiny new roof and the new spring hanger:
CIMG0334.jpg
CIMG0332.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom