work on sway bar link bushing, could I put a little lube on the collar when push it in the bushing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I am working on the rear sway bar cushion and link bushing now, got two problems below, thanks for any suggestion:
1. very hard to push the collar into the link bushing after installing the bushing back to the link, so, could I put a little lube/oil on the collar?
2. very hard to align the sway bar cushion bolts, is there any trick for this? Do we need totally drop the sway bar then try to align 4 of the mounting bolts before tight it?

Thank you very much!

Lube away.

You don’t need to drop the sway bar. Loosen everything up. One side will probably be pretty close to lined up, the other side won’t be. That’s life. Go to the side that isn’t lined up well and manhandle the bolt into alignment while pushing the bar onto both sides at the same time.

Lube away.

You don’t need to drop the sway bar. Loosen everything up. One side will probably be pretty close to lined up, the other side won’t be. That’s life. Go to the side that isn’t lined up well and manhandle the bolt into alignment while pushing the bar onto both sides at the same time.
Really sorry for my english, lube away = no lube?

Really sorry for my english, lube away = no lube?

No. Use any lube you have. I applied a thin film of grease on mine. Soapy water can also be used and will evaporate later if you have any concerns about a lube reacting with the rubber.

I finally turned out using a dab of brake grease, that is the only thing I can find yesterday late night if I don't want to use old engine oil or food oil~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom