Wooohooo! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just finish replacing the clutch master/slave cyl. on my 40 and tested it by driving around the block. First time it's been started since October. Took a few minutes to fire but once it did it just purred. Clutch pedal is still loose, I may need to bleed it again. I'm pretty stoked since I've never done this before. Good to have it back in action.

Check freeplay of acctuation rod from the slave to the fork, and that the pedal free play is not more than 1"...

If both of these are "out", the pedal will need to travle farther than it should to make the clutch release...

Good luck!

-Steve

thats awsome. hey how easy is it to push the pedal in. Is it noticably different? just curious as always, Rachel.

Poser said:
Check freeplay of acctuation rod from the slave to the fork, and that the pedal free play is not more than 1"...

If both of these are "out", the pedal will need to travle farther than it should to make the clutch release...

Good luck!

-Steve

In addition to what Steve says, be careful to not overtighten such that throwout bearing is always riding on the PP. A common cause for early bearing burnout.

okie said:
thats awsome. hey how easy is it to push the pedal in. Is it noticably different? just curious as always, Rachel.

Not really sure since it's been a while since I've driven it. It pushes in real easy but it engages the cutch smoothly. I'll try bleeding it again and chech the acctuation rod, as was mentioned, and see how it does.

Thanks, I would have loved to go to the UC BBQ y'all just had, but I had prior commitments. I would really like to go on your up comming expedition trip, but I booked every weekend until the end of April. I'm even going to miss opening day of trout season this year, first time I've missed it in 6 years. I need to do some more work on the 40 to get it to the DD stage so that I can go wheeling some this summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom