woody's SEMA pics.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

Staff member
Admin
Threads
More Mega Cruiser!!! :bounce:

I'd really like to see more pics of this. Only seen what you guys have posted and the same shot in Spector's catalog. Interior, front view with hood closed, etc. I know they won't be sold here, so the more pics the better.

Oh and thanks for the pics you've already posted.

thank you i love that fj. Not so much the mega.

So did you run into anyone interesting yet. Sure it's not like last year when Those Guys came riding up on bicycles. Frydaddy on his purple girls bike was something to see.

Marlin with the ladies, now there was a funny shot. Oh how we love the booth candy!

I was going to tell you where to eat. (ellis Isle, in the bbq pit for chicken and ribs) But I realize your prob on your way home now. We will be expecting campfire stories at Toys for Tots ride!

Has Toyota shown the Mega Cruiser at the past SEMA events?

Just curious, it'd be nice to have it actually sold in the U.S. one day. I understand they'd have to put a Lexus emblem on it to move it off the lots. No biggie though!

Sorry for "jacking" your thread Woody. The pics are sweet and I'm thinking I like the FJ more and more with more pics being thrown into the fray!

Thanks,

Doug

Cool pics Woody!

Were the Longfield guys actually breaking axles right there in their booth? Or just showing how much axles flex, etc? Either way that's pretty sweet to have a axle testing setup right there.

:cheers:

This is the first time the Mega Cruiser has been shown at SEMA. It was brought in to showcase Land Cruiser heritage.

Most people that walked by it called it something like "Hey, it's a riceburner Hummer."

not sure i wanted to start my own SEMA pics thread so hopefully Woody won't mind me piggy backing onto his thread. Woody it was nice to be able to chat with you in person at the FJ Party.

Here is one pic. i'll post more tomorrow morning.

L to R

My friend Darren Webster. The MAN Ivan "IronMan" Stewart, yours truly (the non-photogenic guy), Jeff Kincaid,- Tacoma CORR Champion.

To meet Ivan Stewart was a dream come true. Being able to talk with him for 25 mins was something I won't soon forget. Jeff Kincaid was great guy. He loves what he does and talked to Darren and me for about 40mins about racing and building trucks. Toyota went above and beyond for those lucky enough to be at the FJ Party. A full SEMA review tomorrow.
dmc
IMG_0620 (Medium).JPG

The Mega-Cruiser is no longer in production in Civilian Form. When it was in production only 141 were produced.

Mitsubushi still makes the military version of the mega cruiser however:

jammwv.jpg

Only problem is that it will never be eligible for import anywhere as Japan can not sell military hardware as a result of WWII.

3 windshield wipers.... :D

Not to turn this into a Mega Cruiser thread, but the placard next to it said it was produced from 1996-2003. The thing is awesome. Weird to look around it and see parts in common with my 80.

Nice pics Woody! Good to meet you and Mace.

mabrodis said:
Cool pics Woody!

Were the Longfield guys actually breaking axles right there in their booth? Or just showing how much axles flex, etc? Either way that's pretty sweet to have a axle testing setup right there.

:cheers:
Yes, Bobby was breaking axles all week long ;)

FZJFillmore said:
Not to turn this into a Mega Cruiser thread, but the placard next to it said it was produced from 1996-2003. The thing is awesome. Weird to look around it and see parts in common with my 80.

Nice pics Woody! Good to meet you and Mace.
It was very nice meeting you guys too :)

MegaCruiser will probably never ben seen on these shores except in a museum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom