Woody, who is the real chat whore?

I've spent a mess of time here this week, just wondering, since you cut chat out of our post counts, is there any way to tell who posts the most in chat? :rolleyes: In posts per day?

The first step in breaking the habit is recognizing you have a problem. :D

NorCalDoug

problems solved daily...

So, you're looking for the biggest chat whore?
Can't all us chat whore's just get along? I think there's plenty of room here for all of us...

that said...if I knew it was going to be a contest, I would've worked much harder.

do we really have to do this…..again??? Jman, you thought you could sneak this thread in here whilst my presences on the board was low..........well guess again…..I’M BACK BABY and MORE ANNOYING THAN EVER!!!!!!! :flipoff2: <insert evil laugh here>......<end laugh>

No, guys, you are missing the point. :rolleyes: This is not a poll. I am not asking for the fickle opinion of the masses. I am not seeking to have someone democratically elected as chat whore. If you want to do that, go to some other thread. :flipoff2:

I am asking the god of MUD (Woody) if there is some way to determine your daily post count in chat. Cold numbers, fellas. Sort of like a diabetic measuring his level. :idea:

Take your opinions somewhere else. :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :D

Click on your profile and then all posts by you. Now look at how many pages there are and then how many posts per page.

20 posts per page
10 pages
200 posts

Now, look at your post count
Posts 150

Subtract the Post Count from your search post count and you have your total chat posts.

NorCalDoug

problems solved daily...

ColoradoFJ60 said:
Click on your profile and then all posts by you. Now look at how many pages there are and then how many posts per page.

20 posts per page
10 pages
200 posts

Now, look at your post count
Posts 150

Subtract the Post Count from your search post count and you have your total chat posts.

Close...but no ceegar. :D
Your method doesn't work for those of us who spend WAY too much time here. It only shows the 250 most recent posts.

I thought I could outsmart this limiting factor by looking at all the threads to which I am subscribed...67 pages worth at aprox 30 per page. This wouldn't give an accurate count, however because sometimes there are multiple posts per page.

We would need Woody's help to get an accurate number.

Jman said:
Woody, who is the real chat whore?
When you drive down Hollywood Blvd. is there just one Ho? NO! There are lots of Ho's! No need to compete to be the chat whore, you're all chat whores in my eyes :princess:

firetruck41 said:
When you drive down Hollywood Blvd. is there just one Ho? NO! There are lots of Ho's! No need to compete to be the chat whore, you're all chat whores in my eyes :princess:
LOL, perhaps you're right. :D

I just wanted to figure out how much frickin' time I waste around here. I know it's too much, but how much too much? :rolleyes:

semlin

curmudgeon

ok try this

1 select advanced search
2 search on your own name in chitchat. you will get 250 posts if you are a ho
3 Go to the oldest post. note the date and the total # of posts that date on the search
4 Do another search for posts that date or older
5 you will get another 250 results if you are a ho. count the # of posts on the start date of your search and eliminate any double count
6 Repeat steps 3 to 5 until you get no more results
7 post here and see if we care

Good luck

edit: crap it doesn't work you can't choose the search from date.

woody

unhelpful spotter
Staff member
Admin

I'll have to check the stat-whore numbers in the admin stuff....don't know what all the powah's are there for whore-assignment...

Really, we should place bets on this.....

Isn't the "whore" the one you gets passed around the most and ragged on constantly? or is that the "bitch"?

I've got to qualify for one of them! :D :flipoff2:

Top Bottom