Woody verifies SpaceGhost's junk is legit! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SpaceGhost

GOLD Star
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Today at Badlands in Attica. I just beat him home by maybe 8 hours!
Resize%20of%20DSCN1280.JPG

Resize%20of%20DSCN1278.JPG

Resize%20of%20DSCN1279.JPG

those were impressive pics...SG's suspension really works nice. Looking forward to linking up my rear one of these days...

But considering my front axle nees a complete maintenance teardown and the Lemon needs some minor work before the 14th, it's not gotta happen real soon!

You should just get rid of your shackles, un-reverse your frond leafs, and add panhard bars. Pretty hard to explain without pics, but he's running 39.5's with leaf springs that will easily articulate every bit as much as space ghost's at a fraction of a fraction of the cost. The unshackled ends of the springs ride on "pockets", and side-to-side movement is controlled by a panhard bar per axle (cost under $100 each at pretty much any farm or ranch store (heavy duty tractor links)). ONLY downside is you MUST jack each wheel separately to work on it,... the front and rear wheels will not come off the ground together until the frame is about 5-6 feet off the ground when flat lifting from the frame. Because his springs are only attached to the frame at the stock location, he doesn't have to worry about weakening his leafs by drilling them,... subsequently he's running a 100"+ wheelbase (the fronts of his tires are even with his front bumper, and the rears are as well).

Does this make sense??
I'll have to try and get some pics.

You should just get rid of your shackles, un-reverse your frond leafs, and add panhard bars.

Does this make sense??
I'll have to try and get some pics.

Well, NO! Pics and diagrams in Crayon for us, Please.....

Are those tyres the new BFG krawlers?

Yes, 35x13.50x15 Krawlers, on 10" Frankie Fountain Beadlocks.

Chef: Ya, I was intrigued, and still remain. It basically works like the front coil spring susp. of br@nc@s and f@rd trucks, but with leaf springs. It's so simple, you'll kick yourself for not thinking it up first. Basically it un-complicates what 4-links make complicated.

He's pretty hard to catch (he works, and goes to a technical school), but I will (hopefully soon) get some pics, on, ond off ramp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom