For Sale Woodside, CA 1990 Land Cruiser HDJ81 5Spd Triple-Locked (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Blue
Outside Link
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/388543320079809/
IMG_8566.jpg
IMG_8568.jpg
IMG_7558.jpg
IMG_7557.jpg
IMG_7568.jpg

1990 HDJ81 5Spd Manual Triple-Locked ~164k miles

This Direct Fuel Injected 4.2L Diesel 80 Series is a blast to drive when paired with the 5-speed Manual Transmission and Triple Locking Differentials. I can’t tell you how many smiles and conversation driving this beast has produced.

This was going to be my forever-build but life circumstances have changed. Everything I’ve done to it was with the mindset of holding onto it long-term. It is also my daily.

This 80 series is beautiful, interior and exterior are in great shape. It has its indications that its 32 years old, but it starts immediately with no hesitation. It is titled and registered in Pennsylvania but exempt from smog if titling in CA. Transferring from a PA title is also much easier than direct importing to California.

Asking $39,000 obo. Its time to sell.

Please reach out with questions but only if you are seriously interested.

Truck Details:

-1990 RHD Toyota Land Cruiser (HDJ81) 5-Speed

-Mileage 161,598 miles (260,067 km) (slowly increasing since I’m still driving it daily)

-4.2L Direct Injected 1HDT Engine

-Electric powered Sunroof

-Electric Powered Lumbar Support in Driver’s Seat

-Big End Bearings done

-Recent Timing Belt, Water Pump, Tensioner

-Boost and Pyro Gauges

-Turbo Timer

-Triple Locked (Front, Center and Rear Locking Diffs)

-35” Tires (Toyo Open Country M/T) (95%+)

-Stealth Series Custom Rims

-4” Iron Man Suspension kit (Springs and Shocks)

-Cruisin Off Road Sliders

-Cruisin Off Road Under Armor

-Cruisin Off Road Rear Bumper

-3in Custom Exhaust Turbo-back

-Castor Correction Drop Brackets

-Bowfin Roof Rack (With Cut out for Light Bar)

-ARB Front Bumper

-WARN 9.5XP Winch (Brand new synthetic line)

-Rear Drawer System and Platform (includes rollout table)

-Sony Double-Din Touchscreen Stereo (Carplay, Rear Camera)

-Full Synthetic Oils (Engine and Diffs)

-Snorkel Kit (Iron Man Fi-Flow)

-Diff Breathers on both axles

-Rigid LED Spot Lights

-4x JL Audio speakers

-USB ports installed (one for Carplay and one to just charge USB devices)

-Speedometer Faceplate swapped to reflect mph. (mechanics unchanged so odometer is still in km)

-Front Brake Caliper and Rotor Upgrade to Later Generation with new Backing Plates and Brake Lines

-MARKS4WD Part Time 4WD Conversion kit installed

-Aisin Gold Manual Locking Hubs

-All battery lines upgraded with heavy duty cable and Military Spec Mattery Terminals

-Upgraded Trailer Light wiring to build in plug on bumper

-Multiple Spare Keys

-Dual Batteries (Napa The Legend Professional Battery 7527)

-Fresh coolant flush, new T-Stat, New Fuel Sender unit, New Radiator Hoses, Replacement cable for Heater Water Control Valve, New Driver’s Side Window Motor, New Clutch Master and Slave Cylinders, new front brake lines (stainless steel caliper lines), New Rear brake pads, Calipers and parking brake shoes, New starter, All 3 New Belts

-Brand New Windshield

-Oil Change Supplies (6 gallons Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 Synthetic and 3 Official Toyota Filters)

Remaining Projects:

-Was going to upgrade turbo and install and intercooler (probably GTurbo Grunter with PDI intercooler) but haven’t gotten around to it. The current turbo works great but is leaking a bit of oil on occasion, so I was going to upgrade in the process. I’ve already bought most of the gaskets and hoses necessary.

-Dash has a couple cracks in it like most do, I just haven’t found a dash pad that I liked.

-A/C needs re-charged as it wasn’t used by the PO in Canada and I haven’t needed it enough to work on it.

-Haven’t installed the lightbar yet and so haven’t installed a solid relay system for operating/powering aux items.

-Need to install winch solenoid pack in engine bay.

Optional Items we can discuss including:

-High-Lift Jack

-iKamper 2.0 RTT

-Hitch Extension to fit 1-Up Bike Rack

-1-Up Bike Rack Super-duty

Sad to see you part with the truck. I miss her as well.

Update: Titled in California. Clean Title. Smog exempt.
How were you able to get this titled in California. I would like to purchase but a little out of my price range. See a couple of HDJ81's out there for low to mid $20k's. Any info about CA title would be appreciated. Rhank you

How were you able to get this titled in California. I would like to purchase but a little out of my price range. See a couple of HDJ81's out there for low to mid $20k's. Any info about CA title would be appreciated. Rhank you
It was simple to title in CA. Just had to get the vin verification done by CHP officer.

Also, she is sold. You should see her driving around the Seattle area these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom