Wood Dash Question... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Whats up everyone,

I need to replace the wood dash trim on my LC. Over the years..they have worn out and now look ugly. I have been searching for a quality set ..BUT, there are SO MANY that i have no idea what is good and what is crap. I would like to get the darker wood trim.

Can anyone suggest a place to get a quality set? and/or make?

Later,
:p

Year?....Model?

Sorry, My mind reader is on the FRITZ today :G

S.A.,
OK, it's becoming clear now...........

The OEM wood kit is discontinued. It is still possible to "create" one by ordering all 15 of the individual pieces.
They add up to ONLY $1,233.92 :eek:

A while back SOR had some wood kits on close-out, you might check there as well.

Regards, Dan :beer:

Dunno,

If they include a part number, you would be looking for a 00536-60950. The only concern I would have would be the condition of the adhesive.

:beer:

<quote>I need to replace the wood dash trim on my LC. </quote>

Hee hee - you said wood. :flipoff2:

You can find them in places like performance products etc. .... personally, I use it to pass the time away - counting how many chips I can get off as I'm waiting for my next order of cheese doodles to get deep fried. :flipoff2:

SA,
My advice is to remove it piece by piece. The black plastic underneath looks good and won't delaminate and get yucky looking over the years.

A friend has the "carbon fiber" kit someone sold him off eBay. It looked OK but he said the quality and the fit were terrible.

Use a chisle like Junk if you want it off fast and plan to use it as a beater. Use a heat gun and peel it off slowly if you have patience.  They used a 3M adhesive when it was put on at the port. Some places sell 3M adhesive remove that might help.

-B-

I knew I should have not used the axe :slap:. At least I didn't use the chain saw.

"Hand made in Britian to OEM standard using the latest quality control methods."

Britain and quality in the same sentence?

Wob,
Not to slam you buddy but the Brits have the world's best reputation for real wood trim in vehicles. I would say the complete interior on the British luxury vehicles is the best in the world. I'm thinking Jaguar, Rolls, and Bently.  

Jim's 80 has *real* wood, not the crappy plastic we 'mercans get stuck with.

And besides, that was kinda rude of you considering that there was no smilie and Jim is a UK citizen. Exactly what would be South Carolina's claim to fame?
-B-

Damn, Beo....
Take it easy.javascript:shocked()
Shocked

My father in law owned a Jag that was always in the shop (a common gripe that most Jag owners have, from what I hear). So my knock was on British quality as a whole, not necessarily on wood trim exclusively. I believe Rovers break a fair amount, too.

As far as the smiley face goes, sorry for not inserting it. My apologies to anyone British that I may have insulted. Nothing personal. I think that it is a great country, and the people there are great as well. So, Jim, please accept my humble apology.

As far as SC's claim to fame, it is a beautiful, historic place. Along with the mountains in the upstate, we have a beautiful coast line as well. Myrtle Beach is famous for its golf play along with Charleston, Keowah Island, and Hilton Head. Charleston is a very old and historic city. Anytime you feel like coming for a visit, give me a shout, and I will gladly show you around. I promis that you will not knock SC afterwards.

Peace :eek:

Wob,
Cheers :beer:
-B-

Check out www.Burtmanindustries.com

He is on the 4runner boards and everybody that buys from him is very pleased with the quality and price. He's a good guy and will help you out if you have questions. I am putting together some extra funds to redo my trim also. I'll be ordering from him

I thought I had done good on my post until I saw my last sentence. I showed my SC edukashun.

:D :Djavascript:cheesy()
Cheesy

See, I'm still no good with the whole smiley thing.

Personally, I would hate to live in either SC or the UK.

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Only kidding. Would live in the UK, but never SC :flipoff2:

Thank God! 8) :G :G

Wulfman, you have referred to hoods as bonnets, name yourself after an ancient British legend and now leap in if people mock British QC. I am very curious about something so I am going to give you a Pop quiz: can you tell a saveloy from a bread pudding? ;)

And before you question my love of British engineering or my credentials, I went to my wedding in a Mark IX, have ridden in the odd 1100 and Maxi, and am familiar with marmite sandwiches (but not vegemite) and scotch pancakes. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom