Wood Block Thickness to Level Second Row? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,
I'm going to cut a 4x4 piece to place under the rear end of the second row (imagine it tilted forward and then set back down with a wood block under it). The idea is to make the top surface of the second row level.
If you have already done this and can tell me the ideal thickness to cut, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks!

Hey All,
I'm going to cut a 4x4 piece to place under the rear end of the second row (imagine it tilted forward and then set back down with a wood block under it). The idea is to make the top surface of the second row level.
If you have already done this and can tell me the ideal thickness to cut, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks!
I’ll preface this by saying I’ve done the measurements and sized it up with a level but have not made mine. I tried a 2x4 (2x4s are actually 1 3/4”). Too low. Shimmed it until I found 2.125” (2 1/8”) to be the sweet spot. I was planning to do a block with a groove cut out to slot over the seat bracket.
If you’re going the 4x4 route, then just cut it a bit bigger than you think and re-cut if needed.

image.jpg

Hey All,
Thanks!
Overall height should be more like 2 5/8 if from the floor. It’s 2 1/8 from top of the bracket. My drawing isn’t the greatest.

Thanks, just ordered one from Outsane. I love that guy's solutions.

I'm thinking it's one, the Etsy page didn't make mention of needing two. I'll post up here once I get it and confirm either way.

Reactions: xlx
just ordered two myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom