Won't turn left.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I just got my FJ62 back from the mechanics. I take it out and drive it around, immediately I notice that the truck will not turn ledt very well. It takes a regular 90* turn that you can make easily and makes me do a 3 point turn to get through it (almost). But when i turn to the right the wheel turns as far as it should, almost seems like more, but that might be to the comparison of the barely turning to the left..

any ideas??

TIA
-Kiel-

Did they do anything to the length of the drag link? Did they pull the steering wheel? These are where I would look.

So I just got my FJ62 back from the mechanics. I take it out and drive it around, immediately I notice that the truck will not turn ledt very well. It takes a regular 90* turn that you can make easily and makes me do a 3 point turn to get through it (almost). But when i turn to the right the wheel turns as far as it should, almost seems like more, but that might be to the comparison of the barely turning to the left..

any ideas??

TIA
-Kiel-

what work was done while in the shop?

Did they do anything to the length of the drag link? Did they pull the steering wheel? These are where I would look.

Shouldn't have, they redid some problematic wiring for me, right at the battery.

There certainly isn't any wiring that would cause that(that I can think of). Maybe they cut the 'left turn wire' by accident. The only semi-helpful things I can think of are-

1. drag link/tie rod/relay rods are *way* out of adjustment- Your drag link can actually hit your frame when you turn left if it isn't set up properly.

2. steering stops on the knuckles- Those could probably be adjusted to prohibit left turns if one where creative enough.

3. broken birf

None of those are *likely* since you just went into the shop for wiring, but that's the best I've got.

Something misplaced and binding in the steering linkage? Something wrapped around the steering shaft?

Kiel, If you have a steering dampner make sure it isnt bent. Ive seen that alot.

x2.
Or someone is fawking with you.......also check the bumpstops

None of the people I know are smart enough to figure that out...

No NASCAR for your 60!

Crawl under the front and have a buddy turn the wheel check for binding.

Dynosoar:zilla:

The mechanic came straight out and told me that he fxxxed up. He pulled the vehicle in by the tie rod, didn't even think he said, "had his head up his ass." to quote him. He bought a brand new one will be here in morning, no charge obviously, but he admitted his mistake and fixed it for me, that is a good mechanic, even if he fxxxed up to begin with... So!

good to hear.

x2

BTW, I have a sudden desire to dump pixie sticks in my eyes, spin in circles and bash my head against a concrete wall. I think the new avatar colors may have something to do with it. :eek: :eek:

I agree. The avatar is freaky.

Good to hear that you're getting a new t rod!

x2

BTW, I have a sudden desire to dump pixie sticks in my eyes, spin in circles and bash my head against a concrete wall. I think the new avatar colors may have something to do with it. :eek: :eek:

Its my XMas avi!! Soon to have a santa hat!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom