Wont reverse while turning, grinding noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My ‘96 LX has been wobbling at around 40 mph for about a month made funny noises when turning to the left and reversing. I assumed it was a wheel bearing and I was gonna wait until the money situation was better and rebuild the knuckles and change the bearings.

Last night when I left work though it made an awful grinding noise when I backed out of my parking spot turning left, drove perfectly fine the whole way home, and when I got home it did the same thing and then just stopped and wont go in reverse when I’m turning to the left but as far as I can tell it reverses just fine otherwise. Any ideas?

I also would recommend checking the caliper bolts.

It wasn’t the caliper bolts but it was because of the caliper. My hub and wheel bearing actually loosened up and it was causing the caliper to shove into my wheel and lock up.

Update once again

hub stud didnt fix it, that was just an extra problem apparently haha.

caliper bolt ended up being the problem and one of the fine members of mud gave me a bolt to fix it so I wouldn’t have to wait until halfway through the week but the flange behind the caliper is actually stripped. I put the bolt in and it fixed the issue but I know it’ll only be temporary before it falls out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom