Won't engage high range 105 series 1999 4.5L petrol (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My cruiser won't engage into H- high range, works fine in L-low range, if i press diff locker in high range then it engages, unsure if it's ok to drive with diff lockers ON

20200727_142358_HDR.jpg

Is this the centre diff lock or axle lockers?

The 105s except the barn door model are full-time 4x4, so on the road you want to be in 4H with the centre diff unlocked. When you get off-road, you hit the Centre Diff Lock button which locks it to a 50-50 split, this is like shifting from 2H to 4H in a part-time truck.

For low range you just pull the range shifter back into Low and it will automatically lock the centre diff.

It's full time 4wd , i can see the diff spinning but no go in H range, i put diff locker on and it works in H range,

Something is up with one of the axles then, most likely stripped drive flanges on the front axle. A simple check would be to pull front driveshaft and lock the centre diff. If it drives, the issue is somewhere in the front axle.

I would start at the outside, check drive flanges, if they're good then move inwards, I doubt it's the diff.

Yeah any noises or anything when in H and trying to go forwards? If you engage center diff lock in H she moves right? So that would indicate to me that hub flanges, outer axle splines OR front diff are messed up.

Yea i can see the rear tailshaft moving but no go, I'll find out, gonna drive to mechanic,
Ok let us know how it goes. If something up front was broken badly then I would assume you would be hearing it and know that something was wrong. Dumb question but that front driveshaft IS still there correct? Didn't have some hooligan's come in the middle of the night and nick it did you?

Yea it's booked in for cvs they were making noises for awhile, hopefully they are the problem

Happy days! Glad to hear she's back on the road

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom