Wonky stock meters? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I use a mechanical oil pressure gauge. I use a capillary water temp gauge.
My fuel gauge hasn't been right since before Moses was born. (1/4 = empty).
Speedo has NEVER worked and even if it did it wouldn't be correct. (33 " casings).
Now I use GPS.
The only stock gauge I sort of depended on was the volt gauge.
It's now gone wonky too. Geesh.
I'm getting 14.3 volts at alt. 14.3 volts from isolator outputs. 13.5 volts at both batteries.
Dash meter shows a very tiny discharge. Dips when starting then returns. Dips when lights
are turned on then returns but never shows a charge. Does the little ticks when the
turn signals are engaged. It used to show a charge for a minute or so after cranking
before returning to middle.
Guess I'll just stick one more under dash aftermarket unit on and call it quits with
the old toy guess-a-mate units.
I guess ol Gundy just likes me to know the actual speed/temps/pressures/vacuum/volts
rather than a fair to middlin' guess and wants that tank full. :grinpimp:

So, I use a mechanical oil pressure gauge. I use a capillary water temp gauge.
My fuel gauge hasn't been right since before Moses was born. (1/4 = empty).
Speedo has NEVER worked and even if it did it wouldn't be correct. (33 " casings).
Now I use GPS.
The only stock gauge I sort of depended on was the volt gauge.
It's now gone wonky too. Geesh.
I'm getting 14.3 volts at alt. 14.3 volts from isolator outputs. 13.5 volts at both batteries.
Dash meter shows a very tiny discharge. Dips when starting then returns. Dips when lights
are turned on then returns but never shows a charge. Does the little ticks when the
turn signals are engaged. It used to show a charge for a minute or so after cranking
before returning to middle.
Guess I'll just stick one more under dash aftermarket unit on and call it quits with
the old toy guess-a-mate units.
I guess ol Gundy just likes me to know the actual speed/temps/pressures/vacuum/volts
rather than a fair to middlin' guess and wants that tank full. :grinpimp:

I have all the same issues. I hate my gauges. My issues is I used a 12v source to see if they worked. Worked for about two seconds then I let the smoke out. I bought another gauge cluster to pop in but have yet to install it. Waiting for big gay to go in.

Even it will have temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure, and vaccum mechanical gauges on the engine. Not trusting wires. That's what the stock gauge cluster is for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom