wonky rear wiper - fixed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I took some stuff apart, took some pictures and threatened to go to mud for answers. I reassembled everthing and my wonky rear wiper works just as it should. was it the threat? Or the dielectrci grease I added to a few electrcial connections....

I knew it :mad: It stopped working.....grumble...What are the likely suspects? The rear wiper stopped working....I'm thinking loose/ flakey connection...Any common ones to try first?

I have no idea what wonky means, but perhaps thats what the screen around this little box I type in is doing today.

I took mine apart, and found my connections to be far less than clean inside the tailgate panel. It still worked, but is a little more consistant/faster now. Try that before you throw anything against a wall. :D

sadly its a year later and I still havn't figured it out....

What about now -?

I have a simmilar problem by the looks - did you work it out and get your rear wiper working?

Frank

yup - had spotty ground in harness above headliner on Drivers side (USA - passenger side in Oz) - where the wires go througha rubber tubbe from the upper hatch to the main body of the vehicle. fixed wire and voila wiper worky!!:beer:

This is why I love Forums!

Ask a question once of many people rather than asking the same question 100 times of one person at a time and much faster!

I pushed the harness between the hatch and the vehicle and hey presto!

Thanks a lot for helping me find the problem - now one more question...

What is involved in removing the headliner to get access to the wiring up there?

The good news is that I removed he headliner just in that side of the rear of the car which was pretty easy and the issue appeared to be that the connector itself just on the car side of where the wires come in from the hatch had very dirty connectors cusing high resistance.

I cleaned them up and sprayed them with some teflon spray to prevent corrossion and everything works again nicely - wiggle those wires like no tomorrow and everything is still fine..

Thanks for all the advice - it is appreciated!

Also take the wiper motor out and re-grease the drive gears, sometimes water will contaminate the system.

Squash - thanks for the tip - will do...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom