Wondering what the chaps think of this 80?

just looking for some insight other than the obvious. Been an East Coast truck it's whole life and can see the epoxy on the undercarriage. I trust the eagles eyes on h8. I have a family member who does mobile sand blasting but is that sufficient??? Or am I looking at a rust bucket with too many problems...

LandLocked93

SILVER Star
Pretty dark and hard to see much of it, but...
the rust doesn't look bad to me, tho it also looks like there's been some recent undercoating which can cover alot obviously.

Broski

I love Wheelin my 80
SILVER Star
Morro Bay, At the edge of the Pacific ocean
Looks good from far but far from good. There moving really fast and it's dark.
I could see that a bolt is miss from the front control arm and that the knuckles are puking, this indicates a lack of maintenance !!
And while it doesn't look bad for east coast truck it has way to much RUST for me.

desmocruiser

SILVER Star
There Is alot of rust and corrosion covered up by the black paint and still plenty that you can see.

Not saying it’s a total loss, just would need to be a bargain and a less discerning owner that doesn’t mind the ugly undercarriage, limited life span, and some broken bolts!

JOFS

GOLD Star
This truck has been posted up here many times with people asking what is the impression of the rust. With it still being for sale I suspect it is a rusty mess in real life but have no personal knowledge of the truck

John

Gross. If you're going to overpay during the pandemic and supply crunch, at least overpay for a decent West Coast or Southwest vehicle. I'll take sun-blasted paint and cracked dashboards over rust any day.

That passenger side knuckle looks like it may need some attention. Driver's side may not be far behind.

Thanks, chaps. I think that's what my gut was telling me but I was trying to find a way to justify it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom