Wolo horn installation issues (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I'm trying to install a new set of wolo dual trumpet horns. When I connect it to the factory horn wiring nothing happens just a click when I hit the horn .when I connect the horns to the battery directly they work any idea of why they're not working when connected to the factory horn wires I tried both wolo horns to 1 factory wires and 1 tried 1 wolo to the right factory horn and 1 to the left and nothing I posted a short video

The factory horn wiring uses miniscule wires in the wiring harness that can't deliver enough current to your powerful horns. The voltage drop is too much.
You can use those new horns with the stock wiring but a relay will have to be installed between them. That way, the stock horn wiring can easily trigger the 30mA relay coil and the other contacts on the relay can power the horn through a direct wire to the battery (with fuse).
Toyota uses relays for the horn now on all their modern vehicles

I've had great luck with the amazon relay harneses for horns. I cant put the relay, wires and connectors together for less than them.

The factory horn wiring uses miniscule wires in the wiring harness that can't deliver enough current to your powerful horns. The voltage drop is too much.
You can use those new horns with the stock wiring but a relay will have to be installed between them. That way, the stock horn wiring can easily trigger the 30mA relay coil and the other contacts on the relay can power the horn through a direct wire to the battery (with fuse).
Toyota uses relays for the horn now on all their modern vehicles
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom