Wolf Pen Gap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

aaronrules

Coolest person you know!
Threads
Hey guys, just wondering if Wolf Pen is open for vehicles like ours? Anything above a quad or side by side?

Last I checked, it's really only for ATVs/quads, and now the ever popular SxS. The trails are tight for a full size rig.

On the other hand, everything around WPG is Ouachita National Forest, so stop by the district NF office in Hot Springs and grab the latest Motor Vehicle Usage Maps and go explore the woods. There's plenty to see out there (Winding Stairs, Albert Pike, Little Missouri Falls, etc).

I think Albert Pike is still closed, and will be indefinitely. Last I heard they still had the swimming area roped off, pending lawsuits. I'm not sure if you can drive through or not.

Still lots of forestry roads and a few side trails to explore.

If you want to wheel, Twig Mountain is in that area. I haven't been, but I know they have a few nasty trails. It's in Hopper.

I think Albert Pike is still closed, and will be indefinitely. Last I heard they still had the swimming area roped off, pending lawsuits. I'm not sure if you can drive through or not.

Still lots of forestry roads and a few side trails to explore.

If you want to wheel, Twig Mountain is in that area. I haven't been, but I know they have a few nasty trails. It's in Hopper.

You can drive and hike through Albert Pike all day long. I backpacked straight through there last April on the Little Missouri Trail. I was very eerie walking through the campground seeing all the damage knowing how many perished there. :frown: I really wish they would reopen it eventually because it was a very nice campground.

Also, Twig Mountain is now closed as of 3/25/2012. Not enough business.

Also, Twig Mountain is now closed as of 3/25/2012. Not enough business.

Did not know that. Kinda figures tho, it was in the middle of nowhere.

A friend of mine has a cabin at Albert Pike ( I actually stayed there about a week before the flood), he said there are a couple of crosses in his back yard. Very sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom