Events/Trails . (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

**Off-road driving is inherently dangerous and individual drivers are assumed to have liability insurance and are responsible for any damage to their vehicles or injuries to themselves or their passengers. TLCA & CLCC are not responsible for damage or injuries. This is not an official club event.**

@afgman786 and I are going to take a Day Trip to Wolf Den Run State Park.

I made a pre-run out to the Huckleberry Rocks Area of Wolf Den Run State Park. It's a rural location. I encourage reliable vehicles only attend. It doesn't seem like there are large groups there every weekend, and I can imagine us being the only group there. If your vehicle somehow becomes inoperable, we can tow you to Kitzmiller, but I don't know where the nearest wrecker service is located and/or where it would take your vehicle for repair. Just providing a full disclosure of my impression. Now that the precautionary notes are out of the way, for those interested in joining us you should:

- Acquire a DNR ORV Annual Sticker $10
AND
- Call the Herrington Manor office, 7 days a week, 9 AM - 3 PM to pay the $10 per day/visitor fee ($12 out of state per visitor) for registration

If you are planning to attend, please post here after both steps are complete to let us know you are coming and we will call the office to make the group reservation.

We will meet at the entrance to the Huckleberry Rocks Area, 890 North Hill Road, Kitzmiller, MD 21538 at 9:00 AM. Driver meeting at 9:30 AM.

View attachment 2077580

View attachment 2077581

Please top off your tank before meeting up. The last place for gas the way my GPS took me to the park was at Liberty, 4284 Union Hwy, Mt Storm, WV 26739.

Administrative notes:
- I have 5 FRS radios (no license required) that I’ll bring for comms.

- Required equipment:
4WD vehicle in good working order (with a full tank of gas)
Recovery/tow points front and rear
Full size spare tire and whatever is needed to change it on the trail (jack, lug wrench, wheel lock key, etc.)

- Nice to have, but not required:
Snacks, lunch, drinks (opportunities to purchase close by are slim-to-none)
TP & waste bags in case you hear the call of nature (Tread Lightly!)
Recovery equipment
Whatever you need to air down
Whatever you need to air up (if you air down)
Hand tools
Folding chair to sit on while eating
Sunscreen and bug spray

1. @afgman786
2. @iBlaze

I don't think I'll be able to make it that early if both my parents come with me.. going to have to wait on my grandma's nurse to get to our house at 8am before we leave

@iBlaze I want to say 10ish if I remember correctly when I checked it last. I'll know for sure tomorrow when I check with them if they want to go or not

Sorry guys, my 9/14 commitment firmed up. Have fun!
Sean
(The earlier 9/21 option opened up for me)

Cool. Let us know how it goes, especially if you think it would be something one could do solo (w/o being unnecessary risky) or perhaps a second vehicle with a less experienced driver.

@PhuckItImDone you interested in hitting up wolf den again? Be the perfect place to see the 200 in person

She was super nice when I talked to her

Too much day light left to have left the mud on

20190914_181635.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom