Wny No Doors ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
how come noone ever made soft FJ60 doors?

i'd suspect because there's not much market for them

mmmmm

might see if it can be done ... all i need is a spare 60 door

Yeah no I was just messin with ya. I think what would be sweeter is if ya tried and fab up some tube doors if you want something better for wheelin. Soft doors aren't really that great unless you want to go doorless because of the windnoise. I sugest going with tubes for wheelin and switch em out with regular doors. That is what a buddy of my does with his xj and works great.

stuck in GA said:
Yeah no I was just messin with ya. I think what would be sweeter is if ya tried and fab up some tube doors if you want something better for wheelin. Soft doors aren't really that great unless you want to go doorless because of the windnoise. I sugest going with tubes for wheelin and switch em out with regular doors. That is what a buddy of my does with his xj and works great.
you mean like the one's proffitt's made for peter's rig?
P5010014.JPG

Now that's sweet, so long as you stay outta the mud, or at least wear plastic.

polarweasel said:
Aww, those suck, Ige. They need to be chrome to be cool. :flipoff2:
chrome is only for mall rated vehicles :flipoff2:

if your never gonna put hard doors back on.........go for doorless or whatever. But if you plan on putting the hard doors back on........they might never fit right again, especialy if you get the 60 twisted up without doors...........this is what I have heard, no personal experence.

exactly. if there aint no door there to stop the twist of the unibody then ull never get the doors back on. A friend of mine drove his 60 w/o them for like a week or 2 and had a hell of a time puttin them back on. I was thinkin bout takin the 60 doors off a scrapper cut em real low and have low cut hard doors. This will stop body twist and still look real good. Imput, Pics...?

First of all, a 60 does not have a unibody. That is heresy. Cherokee's have unibody's, landcruisers do not.

I too have wondered if half doors would add enough strength to keep the body straight. Curious if anyone has an answer to that one.

Why doesn't someone wth a trtuck they are gonna part out anyway try it and let us all know....I would like some hard half door's for the 60....who wants to do the reasarch???

hmmmm

if i can find a set of spare doors I might cut mine real low on the sides but retain the tops

uuummmmm...treeroot's got 60 doors that i'm sure he'll get rid of cheap...he wants em out of his yard.

shipping

I'm in alaska , no doors from lower 48 for me

So someone obviously does not know what a unibody is if they think that the LC is a unibody truck. A quick rule of thumb, if there is a frame, then there is no unibody. In a unibody, the body and frame are one solid unit, therefore, there is no frame, and no body. Just a unibody, hence the name.

I live too far north to have half doors. Just a piece of advice to anyone who is going to try tube doors, if it risks twisting up the whole body, then stray away. Straightening the body is too hard a task, too much money. Save your truck.

:beer:

The structural integrity of the body does not depend on the doors. just look at the 3 points where the door attaches, besides, I used my cruiser for a week without the front doors and it was a peice of cake to re-installed them

I sold brokenparts a set of junk doors to turn into half doors. I dont know if he got them done yet. Mabey he wil chime in and let us know how its working out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom