Wny No Doors ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The structural integrity of the body does not depend on the doors.

Well, not completely...but every component in the chassis/body adds some rigidity. Take any convertible and put it on a lift and you'll find the doors don't open or close as normal. Those 3 points for the 60 doors still add some torsional resistance within the whole unit.

I've pulled some front doors on a 60 to change out some worn hinges. I found it to be a PITA to get them back on properly even when no frame twisting was involved. Having the hinge bolt heads buried in the front fender makes alignment difficult.

I've pulled some front doors on a 60 to change out some worn hinges. I found it to be a PITA to get them back on properly even when no frame twisting was involved. Having the hinge bolt heads buried in the front fender makes alignment difficult.

Yup, the doors are not a pop of, pop on kind of thing. It is a real pain to get at the front hardware.
Plan on taking the doors off only if you intend to leave them off for awhile.

Yup, the doors are not a pop of, pop on kind of thing. It is a real pain to get at the front hardware.
Plan on taking the doors off only if you intend to leave them off for awhile.

keep the hinges on the body and just swap the doors it was easy to swap from one to the other on my half door

That is my favorite Proffitt cruiser by far. I don't think anyone makes soft doors for 60's because technically the 60 is an antartic 4x4 soccer mom ride of doom, or atleast that's what my friend calls mine lol. I think if done correctly they'd look ok but soft doors only seem fitting on vehicles that are perfectly flat on the sides, the 60 has a little (very little) aerodynamics to it so you'd need a curved soft door.

Getting at those bolts is tough unless you have a set of ratcheting ring spanners. Open or fixed ring spanners make it a harder job, and forget an adjustable wrench or pliers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom