Wizard Radiator anybody use these guys? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know Ron Davis Radiator is used quite the bit, but I’m not a fan of how the trans lines tie in. Wizard Radiator has them as actual hose barbs welded to the radiator. Just wondering if anybody had any experience with them? They are USA made, and cost reflects it.
Kind hard to see them in the pic, but they are there.

CE91BA07-BD70-4650-B6E1-633052280C29.jpeg

The price is about the same by the time it gets to your door. Still it would be $900 -1000. 1 year warranty. Give it a try and tell us how it goes. Haven't heard of anybody using them but, if there making 1 it's fair to say they probably have sold a few. 80's are a small market.

I suppose. I’ll give it a go. I’ve not had any luck with any radiator so far, and that includes a TRad in my truck. No overheating issues, just radiators blowing or springing leaks. I’ve yet to have on last more than 5 years, and that is with flushing and new thermostats every two years as a maintenance practice.

I'm on my second Denso in 2 months, not sure I'll do another 1, only if its still on warranty but, I will get tired of changing it. I might go expensive route just to see if it will last. Good luck

Just buy a tyc.. they are like 120 or something cheap. If it lasts 5 years then perfect. Change the radiator and the coolant.

So I knew I should have never have said anything about my radiator, now that my Turbo is all done and everything is working great. My 2nd Denso Radiator in 8 months decided to start leaking at 1 of the crimps on upper tank. So now I get to change another 1. I was thinking about this Wizard 1 but, seen as the 1rst Toyota 1 lasted the first 220,000 miles I'm going to get another 1 from Toyota. It's on its way as I type. Rockauto is going to give me a total refund again, they didn't want to sell me another 1 just give refund.
I couldn't buy another cheap 1, I'm getting tired of changing them.

A word of caution...

If you are crawling over, leaning on, placing weight, pressure or forces on the radiator tanks while doing maintenance in the engine compartment, that can negatively impact the seal and crimps and cause leaks.

Ended up with a Radiator from Toyota again. needed the rig faster that the wait time. I’ll have to get one when I can swing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom