Wits' End- Rear Swaybar Caps for the three of you that mangle yours (1 Viewer)

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor
A MUD member contact me (I'll let him out himself so he can give more detail to his situation) about helping him solve an issue he keeps having on his 80 Series. He’s got a 4” lift and his type of wheeling sees a lot of rocks and with those rocks he sees a lot of interesting damage that he’d like to correct. One of them is the rear sway bar brackets. His keeps getting destroyed and would like a better solution.

After mulling it around for a bit a solution was created by making the swaybar brackets out of aluminum and making them BEEFY!! It makes the mount incredibly stout and won’t deform they bushings despite being bashed.

Of course the aluminum is malleable and the metal can gouge where it’s impacted. That’s ok. BTW it fits the front too but I don’t see a need for using upfront other than aesthetic symmetry.

After looking at my own truck I realized that I didn't need them because I don't do the same kind of wheeling that results in this type of damage. Then my son reminded me about an incident in Death Valley so I went thru and checked my receipts and sure enough, in 2009 I bought a new set of swaybar bushings and brackets because I bent up one of them so I replaced both.

I went ahead and made up a batch and had them anodized and are being etched now. They will be available next week with or with bushings.

With bushings: 80 Series Machined Sway Bar Bushing Cap Kit- Rear
Without bushings: 80 Series Machined Sway Bar Bushing Cap Set

This is the problem that was looking for a solution:
SwayBar-Caps-crunched.png

Do you offer them pre-distressed? There's no way that's going on my truck in that condition, I'd be laughed at on the trail. You're mixing your client bases- those that need HD sway bar brackets don't need/want bling- and don't bother warning us off the front, most don't have front sway bars anyway. Although I'd bet these will fly off the shelves to the mall crawlers. They shore are purty.

(Seriously, nice product.)

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor
Do you offer them pre-distressed? There's no way that's going on my truck in that condition, I'd be laughed at on the trail. You're mixing your client bases- those that need HD sway bar brackets don't need/want bling- and don't bother warning us off the front, most don't have front sway bars anyway. Although I'd bet these will fly off the shelves to the mall crawlers. They shore are purty.

(Seriously, nice product.)

As a general policy I don’t put into customer’s hands anything that is it raw form. So everything starts out pretty. Make as ugly as you wish 😜

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor
Any test fits on those with TJM HD front bar?

The issue isn't the bar...per se. The issue is the bushing. The reason the same cap can be used front or rear, despite the front bar being 25mm and the rear being 29mm, is that the O.D. of both size bushings is the same. I'd need to know what the bushing O.D. is for the TJM.

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor
Yeah I just need the bushing O.D. In fact if you are using the same OEM bracket this will work. If Whiteline (or TJM) supplies new brackets then its likely because the bushing O.D. is larger. I can make a custom set no problem.

I need a pair for my HD rear sway bar, drawing coming shortly!
Hey Richard, I have a Whiteline HD rear bar also - count me in if a re-design is required.

landtank

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Yeah I just need the bushing O.D. In fact if you are using the same OEM bracket this will work. If Whiteline (or TJM) supplies new brackets then its likely because the bushing O.D. is larger. I can make a custom set no problem.
drawing and bushing dimensions sent.

I have a black hawk 30mm rear sway bar but I'm not sure there is a standard size bushing for these across manufacturers. But bushings aren't that costly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom