Wits end QPM and ARB twin/similar compressors (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Hi Y'all,
I'm planning out my air system rework and curious how/if anyone who put their air compressor on a QPM dealt with cooling. I found a few older threads but nothing that quite got to what I'm looking for. So, if you happen to be in that category, did you:
Put the interior panel back on over the QPM?
Leave it off?
Add any kind of active cooling (I did see one 12v computer fan setup) to the compressor beyond its included setup? or add a vent fan to the interior panel if you kept it?

Also, how's the compressor held up/how's the noise, especially if you kept the interior panel on?

Thanks!

For the sake of a couple of bucks a 12v computer fan is ideal for a bit of active cooling. Like anything, the cooler you can keep it the longer it will last.

computer fans are ideal as they are cheap, small, easy to mount and will happily run on 14.4v

It will never ever ever ever get as hot as it does mounting it under the hood.
I kinda figured - I'm just paranoid because the old one was mounted under my ARB and I burned up something in it twice :D
For the sake of a couple of bucks a 12v computer fan is ideal for a bit of active cooling. Like anything, the cooler you can keep it the longer it will last.

computer fans are ideal as they are cheap, small, easy to mount and will happily run on 14.4v
I'm leaning toward this for that reason :)

Using the speaker grate. Wired to turn on when the compressor is on.

21DD44A8-592C-43C1-9D98-2A5875907D32.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom