Wits' End parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You still have to make contact with the customer. The customer doesn't actually physically hold the electronic board in their hand and sign, but the employee still has to make contact with the customer and then do the signing from there.

But everyone is grossly overworked and some employees take it upon themselves to break the rules.

Me personally, I worked about 900-1000 hours of overtime in 2020 alone, and not as much in 2021 but I'm still at a regular years salary 8 months into the year.

The shipping industry is so messed up right now it's unreal. Leaving home at 7:30am and getting home at 12:30am has been pretty normal for the past year and a half. And then getting forced in on your days off and getting disciplined if you don't show up.

Have a family? Doesn't matter, boxes are more important.

will you be in trouble if you name the company in question? I don't like what I'm hearing there...

I don't think that's the case - my previous post is exactly my experience during the worst of it; drivers were authorized to sign C.Covid and drop off packages. I still have conscientious drivers who text me at drop-off - I'm not hearing those 7-12 stories here, so I'm legitimately interested in which company is doing all of that.

Every company that sells and ships s***….
Not everyone is well acquainted with mud vendors and their personal challenges on top of the plandemic. This thread was started by a member who was sincerely in a quandary and seeking to find out what is normal here.

We, as consumers, will always question what seems unreasonable. Unfortunately, for consumers, the definition of unreasonable is changing for the worst quickly.

will you be in trouble if you name the company in question? I don't like what I'm hearing there...
It could lead to discipline potentially, there's a few people on here that work for the same place, as well as customers can reference my statement.

It's a bit of a long shot but plenty of people have been disciplined for stuff said over the internet in the past, and I've learned over time to never actually mention my companies name. I don't want any proof of association. I always just say I work as a delivery driver or I'm the shipping industry.

I'll just say generally that the average customer has no idea what it's really like on the inside and the stuff that goes on. In person I would be more likely to "tell all" but not in writing. Some of it is messed up corporate stuff and some of it is s***ty drivers with no ethics just trying to go home sooner (which I can't blame), but still the job needs to be done right. No sense ruining your career over cutting dumb corners when you're getting paid to be out here.

But I also see "cooking the books" day in and day out, you're always going to get some generic prescripted response of "we do our best blah blah blah" or "we'll look into it" when you contact and customer service representative

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom