Wits' End Accessory Mounting Quarter Panel- need input

CaptClose

SILVER Star
Yeah mine! :p

The top front panel just comes off and the top rear panel unscrews with three screws.

View attachment 1584654View attachment 1584656
With regards to fitting the QPM into the quarter with ARB drawers installed. I’ve taken the side top panels off, but the brackets are causing me issues. I don’t want to pull the drawers to get the brackets off.

What’s the trick to getting the panel in? Bottom first? Slide the left side in first? I’m scratching the $h!t out of my QPM trying to squeeze it in 😩

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor

With regards to fitting the QPM into the quarter with ARB drawers installed. I’ve taken the side top panels off, but the brackets are causing me issues. I don’t want to pull the drawers to get the brackets off.

What’s the trick to getting the panel in? Bottom first? Slide the left side in first? I’m scratching the $h!t out of my QPM trying to squeeze it in 😩
I just removed the middle bracket.

i had a hard time getting mine in also, and was missing a few bolts.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
GOLD Star
Yeah... it’s a much tighter fit than I expected. Maybe I’m doing something wrong.
i just pulled y RQPI out to clean inverotr and ARB slide it in to the rear brake light downward then watch your fingers and the top toward rear passenger door will fall in. It fees like it wont go. But it does.

Yeah but still. They should have been in there :(
I was missing my M6s as well, a quick trip to Lowe’s solved that as I had to get some hardware to mount/hold my wiring in place. My package came with 6-8 extra bolts to mount the birch panel to the actual QPM but I deff missed out on the M6 bolts as well. My panel is quite a bitch to get in, tried to look at photos of where others trimmed their plywood to fit the twin ARB and I’m 99% sure I have it in the same spot, but it’s being a turd for sure. Got my locker and switches wires in on the dash so I made plenty of progress, but I had to give up for the night, it’s getting late and frustration and deliriousness is taking over. While we’re on the subject does anyone know if the mini manifold (the one you can turn 180*) on the twin ARB has NPT or BPT threads? I’d like to pick up some 90* elbows and route my airline under the compressor

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor

I was missing my M6s as well, a quick trip to Lowe’s solved that as I had to get some hardware to mount/hold my wiring in place. My package came with 6-8 extra bolts to mount the birch panel to the actual QPM but I deff missed out on the M6 bolts as well. My panel is quite a bitch to get in, tried to look at photos of where others trimmed their plywood to fit the twin ARB and I’m 99% sure I have it in the same spot, but it’s being a turd for sure. Got my locker and switches wires in on the dash so I made plenty of progress, but I had to give up for the night, it’s getting late and frustration and deliriousness is taking over. While we’re on the subject does anyone know if the mini manifold (the one you can turn 180*) on the twin ARB has NPT or BPT threads? I’d like to pick up some 90* elbows and route my airline under the compressor
Crap, just realized you are missing the ARB wedge. I will send it out today.

No. Only 1 out of 5 use them so I only ship to those who need, for free. They are spendy in low qtys so just trying to lower costs per unit.
Copy. I ordered a QPM over the weekend but didn’t realixe about the wedge. I have a twin ARB to mount back there. I’ll PM you.

Thanks,

Mike

Crap, just realized you are missing the ARB wedge. I will send it out today.
Idk if I’ll have time to take that thing back out before our offroad trip or not, a serious amount of head scratching and curse words where required for installation. PO added a trailer light harness at some point and used some pretty s***astic wiring techniques, do that had to be addressed. Also some asshat trimmed the sunroof drains as well so that was interesting trying to keep it in its grommet. Anyways I installed the twin ARB with some thick grommets between the compressor and QPM and it’s pretty solid, honestly didn’t even know there was a wedge until I ran across it in this thread. Wish i had some pictures but between getting the locker, QPM, switches, CB, and bumper finished pictures where the last thing on my mind. QPM is making for a pretty great organization tool. Ill get some photos this afternoon.

Top Bottom