Wits' End Accessory Mounting Quarter Panel- need input

Has Joey put the "fender blender" on a thread yet or just in the Wits' End email? It needs a Margarita recipe laser etched into the base plate.
Hi-jack over.

Hi all, looking at one of these in the near future. One question.

I intend on using the area that most people use for the ARB compressor for a deep cycle battery (since my compressor is mounted elsewhere). I need a steer on the approximate size of that space. I want the battery to sit on the bottom part of the plate. ARB lists the height of the compressor as 105mm so I'm guessing I have about that much room to play with?

Any better info out there?

What's the intent/outcome/opinion of the Quarter Panel Mount providing some waterproofing of the mounted electronics? I lost an amp to a leaking window back there. I had a piece of flexible plastic secured to the wall, curved over the amp but it moved at some point and the water drained into the amp. The new amp is back there and I'm aaaaalllllmmooooooossssssttttt buying a QPM but need some feedback on the water issue.

Did anybody put one of the Odyssey PC680 Batteries in their QPM yet?

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor

Did anybody put one of the Odyssey PC680 Batteries in their QPM yet?

Too busy to finish it but...

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor

What's the intent/outcome/opinion of the Quarter Panel Mount providing some waterproofing of the mounted electronics? I lost an amp to a leaking window back there. I had a piece of flexible plastic secured to the wall, curved over the amp but it moved at some point and the water drained into the amp. The new amp is back there and I'm aaaaalllllmmooooooossssssttttt buying a QPM but need some feedback on the water issue.
When installed, the very top of the QPM is sloped back for water intrusion. No holes on the top. When I pull my QPM out I can see the water lines on it.

Just pulled the outer window moulding for that quarter panel. If one were to install electronics in that space, It'd be a great idea to seal those holes with silicon before reinstalling and then sealing again from the inside.

Nice that the panel redirects any drips.

When installed, the very top of the QPM is sloped back for water intrusion. No holes on the top. When I pull my QPM out I can see the water lines on it.
Perfect, I just looked at a look dribbled a drop on my new amp. I totally forgot about this issue. Are they ready to ship?

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor

Perfect, I just looked at a look dribbled a drop on my new amp. I totally forgot about this issue. Are they ready to ship?
They are cut, pem’d, shaped and ready to be palettized to go to powder coating.

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor

Cool, so about 30 days out?
Its looking like you are getting closer to being right. Just got the freight tracking info. It was only picked up today. Its going direct to the powder coater and should arrive around Monday.

I was eyeballing that battery to run my fridge off of but at 20ah, it looks like my fridge will only run for 4 hours in the heat of the summer pulling 5a. Do I read that right?

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor

I was eyeballing that battery to run my fridge off of but at 20ah, it looks like my fridge will only run for 4 hours in the heat of the summer pulling 5a. Do I read that right?
yes but it'll be charged via solar. I'm also looking into LiFePo

yes but it'll be charged via solar. I'm also looking into LiFePo
I have the solar covered, is there a LiFePo that size? My uber X2 battery up front is doing great double duty but there are some days I forget to plug the truck in or I'm in a garage and it would be nice to leave the X2 alone and run off of this guy.

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor

Ugh. Sometimes I can’t win. The #QPM are at the powder coaters but one of the pallets arrived with the entire load shifted. Don’t have a count yet but a few of the panels were damaged. I’ll be doing an inspection on Monday if I can break free. 😞

Top Bottom