Wits' End 60 Series and Mini Truck Nut Huggers

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor
Website
absolute-wits-end.com
Ever since I came out with the 80 Series Nut Huggers I've been hounded to do them for the 60S and Mini Trucks. Well, I finally gave in.

NOTE: These will NOT work for the 80 Series Land Cruiser. For those nut huggers go here >>

NOTE: If your knuckle hardware is properly torqued, and not needing a rebuild, there is NO reason to take it apart just to use these. Keep your setup as is until the next rebuild.

The 60 Series Land Cruiser and the Toyota 4WD solid axle mini-trucks share a very similar knuckle design. Although neither have the sheer volume of failed knuckle hardware as found in the 80 series knuckles, loose hardware can still be an issue and can cause serious damage to your tuck.

The reason why they come loose is because either the knuckle wasn't properly rebuilt (simple things can be missed) or from something as simple as re-torquing the knuckle hardware. These trucks require constant checking for long term use. You can't just set it and forget it, especially if you are going off pavement at all. In fact, after each off-road excursion you should check the knuckle hardware. If this is the first you are hearing of this, well consider it gospel because bad things can happen.

So what do these fancy shmancy "Nut Huggers" do? Well, at a minimum all it does is replace the OEM washers that makes up the hardware stack in your knuckles. At its best, when installed properly, they will prevent the knuckle hardware from falling apart and ruining parts.

60Series-Nut-Hugger-main.jpeg

60-Series-nut-huggers.jpg

Knuckle-Nut-Huggers-comparison.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom