With and Without Running Board pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Only difference is no running boards.

Land Cruiser RB.jpg
Land Cruiser NO RB.jpg

Is this a question? Many of us take the running boards off as a first modification upon getting our cruisers home. Based on looks alone I’d say yes. It also raises your clearance, and removes a part easily damaged on the trail.

Is this a question? Many of us take the running boards off as a first modification upon getting our cruisers home. Based on looks alone I’d say yes. It also raises your clearance, and removes a part easily damaged on the trail.
When I searched, I could find many with lifts who took thier running boards off, others who had 16" wheels...just wanted to post in case other people are in the same boat as me.

Those of you with the lights (maybe it’s just the LX470, don’t honestly know), what did you do with them., do you pitch them, or find a way to mount elsewhere? I want to ditch my running boards, but my wife likes how helpful the lights are.

I like the looks of it without them, but mine stay on for the short-legged folks in my family. Also they've served as sacrificial early-warning devices for low-clearance collisions.

I rarely wheel where clearance is an issue though, you have to look real hard to find rocks in Florida.

Those of you with the lights (maybe it’s just the LX470, don’t honestly know), what did you do with them., do you pitch them, or find a way to mount elsewhere? I want to ditch my running boards, but my wife likes how helpful the lights are.
connect LED lights to the plug mounted to the running board mounts. couple of people sell kits for them on here as well. I removed the plug from the running board wired it to $18 led pods from amazon and mounted them. be sure to waterproof the pods with clear silicone or you'll be replacing them.

IMG_20170717_203402474.jpg

Another version with cheap pods. I used 4 pods on brackets I made of 1 1/2” angle stock. Certainly helps keep me out of the mud when getting out of the vehicle.

5077A4D1-D2AC-4070-8C85-A1C3D82029E8.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom