With a 16 inch rim can you do 4 inch backspacing on a 77 fj40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know another backspacing question but could not find anything much on the 16 inch rims. I know there are many out there with experience in this territory. I did check the FAQ section and not much on 16 inch wheels. Thanks for your help, I just don't want get them and have to return them.

I am looking at Pro Comp 84 series 16 inch rim with 8 inch width.

Mitch

Hi All:

IMO you will have the same issues as a 15 inch wheel with 4 inch back spacing.

What width of tires are you planning on using? You will have a lot less tire rub with a 10.5 inch tire than a 12.5 inch wide tire.

Good luck!

Alan

I have a set of Mickey Thompson MTZ's that are 285/75R16. I got them for a steal with 14/32nds on them. I just thought that if the rim is a little bigger that it might miss the tie rod arm more. I guess not though, I do have a 1/4 inch spacer I can run.

Any one else chime in on this. I know I can get other rims but I like the 8 round hole ones from pro comp, series 98. Anyone know who would sell these with less backspacing.

Mitch Saling

I have a set of Mickey Thompson MTZ's that are 285/75R16. I got them for a steal with 14/32nds on them. I just thought that if the rim is a little bigger that it might miss the tie rod arm more. I guess not though, I do have a 1/4 inch spacer I can run.

Any one else chime in on this. I know I can get other rims but I like the 8 round hole ones from pro comp, series 98. Anyone know who would sell these with less backspacing.

Mitch Saling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom