1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wish i had known about this site....

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by 16-in-Dec, Feb 8, 2004.

1. 16-in-Dec

16-in-Dec

I started with a 70 "rust bucket" purchased from a lc "dealer" in the hill country of TX. got it home pulled the head to find #6 completely gone. in the process i ran it past a local body shop to see if fixable. he said he had just what i needed to fix it. it turned out to be my second buy a 69 that had an unfortunate date with a cement culvert while evading the game warden. last driven 1973. Low mileage drivetrain less the rear dff. started it up after 30 years in a barn runs like a top. body completely rust free but bent. came with nos driver quarter , driver door, windshield frame, door window frame, and glass.Jackpot! seems the guy bought the parts in the 70s and never fixed. still im no body man, thus #3 . 72 new mexico body and frame.I will be 16 in december if my mom dosent kill me and my dad for the three in the drive and the now unusable storage building.

ps any idea what a nos quarter pannel should bring, still has sticker from toyota.

thanks, Tate

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    Welcome!

Possibly a lot...

Try ebay.

Good luck!

-Steve

3. Romer

Romer fatherofdaughterofromer Moderator

So you now have three FJ40's none of them work and you don't have a license to drive them anyways?

Well great way to get experiance. Take your Dad to Ebay motors and show him if you can make at least two good ones out of the three you can sell one to recover all of your costs and you'll have a fee car besides all the experiance you will have gained. Best thing to do with Parents is to explain the "Business case" to them. Warning - This does not work with wives or girlfriends

Good Luck

4. 16-in-Dec

16-in-Dec

it would be nice to recoupe some of the $s
    one thing is for sure takes a whole lot of time behind the mower to earn and spends in a matter of seconds.

5. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    [quote author=16-in-Dec link=board=1;threadid=11235;start=msg101765#msg101765 date=1076301019]
    it would be nice to recoupe some of the $s
    one thing is for sure takes a whole lot of time behind the mower to earn and spends in a matter of seconds.
    [/quote]

You will find this constant the older you get, it does not change, unless you win the lottery...

Good luck!

-Steve

6. Romer

Romer fatherofdaughterofromer Moderator

As you start putting your cruiser together, sell you extra pieces in the Wanted Section on this site. You won't have to deal with the ebay fees. People can still pay you with Paypal.

In fact, if you put a generic ad up that you have three cruisers and will end up with extra parts and want to know what people need, you will get a lot of requests. It's a way to finance your stuff in the beginning. You can even sell the frame.

7. xumFJ40

xumFJ40

What part of Tejas are you in?
    What "dealer" did you get the '70 from...Wimberley?

If you are near one of the large cities in TX you should check out the next LSLC meeting. www.lslc.org Lots of good guys w/tons of experience. Great bunch of guys, I am sure that any number of them could help you out. Also, this forum is GREAT...I have got a ton of support here.

8. tewlman

tewlman

just 16 with 3 cruisers...sounds like some young competition for landpimp. by the time hes 30 he'll have about 20 or so. hopefully by then you'll have some that run.
    good luck
    Steve

9. 16-in-Dec

16-in-Dec

just 15 now,live in abilene, wimberly was the name not all together a pleasant experience.

Im already enjoying this forum.

thanks, Tate

10. xumFJ40

xumFJ40

Hmmm, I think there is a guy in the club up your way. I will hit the mailing list and let you know. I have heard a thing or three about Winberley...now I understand the title of your post a little better.

-Ryan

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">