1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiring ??s

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by zetasig, Mar 15, 2004.

1. zetasig

zetasig

Well Im getting closer to firing up the cruiser, after sitting almost 2 years. My problem is I have a 1975 2F motor, and its sitting in a 1970 body. Some of the connectors are long gone from the harness on the 1970 model. Other wires have just been cut.
    1. would a complete harness from a 76 cruiser work okay? I understand I would have to make the connections at the other end since I dont have them, but would everything in the dash still work. Like the wiper and fan switches, are the stock connectors still the same?
    2. if that wont work should I just go with an ezwire kit.

3. Thanks.

2. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    EZ-wire will be the hardest route, IMO.

Easiest will be to get a used 75-ish harness and blend the two together...the connectors at the dash are NOT the same, so be prepared and practiced with your solder and shrink tube. I believe all the wires are the same tho, or close, so it shouldn't be too bad.

3. zetasig

zetasig

Ive maybe got a 76 harness lined up. would that work?

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">